Monday, July 9, 2007

CHAPTER 7, PAGE 9

Where there is love

The heart is light,

Where there is love

The day is bright.

Helen Steiner Rice

Let me hear in the morning of thy steadfast love, for in thee I put my trust. Teach me the way I should go, for to thee I lift up my soul.

Psalm 143:8

GOOD MORNING !

Back to work once again. I’ve lots to do at work today and lots to do at home as always. I’ve got so much to do that I’ll be at it forever.

I won’t complain, because I’m never bored, that’s for sure! Life is always an adventure for me and that is better than having nothing to do.

One day at a time has been my motto for quite awhile. If I start thinking too much about what lies ahead, I get to feeling overburdened, so I try keeping on track by thinking about only the day at hand.

Keeping on track is one of most difficult things to do. We often get off track by outside influences. So today, which is a gift from our heavenly Father, I’ll stick to what I need to do and hope that is enough.

Right now it’s off to work I go!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

I live for those who love me,

Whose hearts are kind and true;

For the Heaven that smiles above me,

And awaits my spirit too;

For all human ties that bind me,

For the task by God assigned me,

For the bright hopes yet to find me,

And the good that I can do.

George Linnaeus Banks

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah just getting thru today is all we can do most times

Anonymous said...

Oh, so true!  Just one day at a time!  I'm grateful that my Heavenly Father has granted me another day!  Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to work I go!  I'm always reminding myself to be thankful for my job even if I do want to be retired!  I could have all these bills and no job!!  :O  Have a fabulous week!  Linda (Friday's Child)

Anonymous said...

As in the Song One Day At A Time Sweet Jesus .
Second verse:-)

One day at a time, sweet Jesus
That's all I'm asking from you
Just give me the strength to do every day what I have to do
Yesterday's gone sweet Jesus
Tomorrow may never be mine
Lord help me today
Show me the way
One day at a time.

I love this hyme so shall we make it our special hyme.I think we need to.A womans work is never done LOL.Thanx for the lovely post today. Have a lovely Monday and I hope you get lots of smiles and a little sunshine to warm your heart too.Take Care God Bless KATH
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

You lift me up ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I'm never bored either, lol...
Have a great day!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I'm like you, I have to focus on the more immediate tasks or I get overwhelmed. In nursing school I used to focus on what to do that guarantees me a spot in the program on Monday morning. Otherwise, I'd literally panic! It got me through.
Hope you have a good day today.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I hope work went well for you today. :)
Hugs
Penny
http://www.myspace.com/pennysplace2gogh
http://journals.aol.com/penniepooh/pennys-pieces-of-ohio/
http://journals.aol.com/penniepooh/let-the-earth-rejoice/