Tuesday, July 10, 2007

CHAPTER 7, PAGE 10

A little story this morning...

The park bench was deserted as I sat down to read

Beneath the long, straggly branches of an old willow tree.

Disillusioned by life with good reason to frown,

For the world was intent on dragging me down.

And if that weren't enough to ruin my day,

A young boy out of breath approached me,

all tired from play.

He stood right before me with his head tilted down

And said with great excitement, "Look what I found!"

In his hand was a flower, and what a pitiful sight,

With its petals all worn, not enough rain, or too little light.

Wanting him to take his dead flower and go off to play,

I faked a small smile and then shifted away.

But instead of retreating he sat next to my side

And placed the flower to his nose and declared with

overacted surprise,

"It sure smells pretty and it's beautiful, too.

 "That's why I picked it; here, it's for you."

The weed before me was dying or dead.

Not vibrant of colors, orange, yellow or red.

 But I knew I must take it, or he might never leave.

So I reached for the flower, and replied,

 "Just what I need."

But instead of him placing the flower in my hand,

He held it midair without reason or plan.

 It was then that I noticed for the very first time

That weed-toting boy could not see: he was blind.

I heard my voice quiver, tears shone like the sun

As I thanked him for picking the very best one.

You're welcome," he smiled, and then ran off to play

Unaware of the impact he'd had on my day.

I sat there and wondered how he managed to see

A self-pitying woman beneath an old willow tree.

How did he know of my self-indulged plight?

Perhaps from his heart, he'd been blessed with true sight.

Through the eyes of a blind child, at last I could see

The problem was not with the world; the problem was me.

And for all of those times I myself had been blind,

I vowed to see the beauty in life,

and appreciate every second that's mine.

And then I held that wilted flower up to my nose

And breathed in the fragrance of a beautiful rose

And smiled as I watched that young boy,

another weed in his hand

About to change the life of an unsuspecting old man.

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

Another beautiful, but very hot day here. It seems most of us are either in drought conditions or we are flooding…

Over the years, I’ve seen cold and wet and hot and dry off and on again. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a perfect season, but I have seen a few perfect days. Just nother reminder to take one day at a time.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

On days when life is difficult and I feel overwhelmed, as I do fairly often, it helps to remember in my prayers that all God requires of me is to trust Him and be His friend. I find I can do that.

Bruce Larson

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

Graphics by: www.untilthengraphics.com

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah we really have to enjoy those few days and what is perfect for someone else might not be for me

Anonymous said...

Loved the story ,so humbling ,and yes many perfect days ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

The verse is beautiful.I will pass this one on I think.I so enjoyed it so much..No we don't always see the perfect day weather wise,but we have to try and make it the perfect day and thank God we are blessed and here to to share it together.I hope yours is a good one with a few smiles on the way and a little or lot of sunshine to warm your heart, as you do mine everytime I visit your blog.Thankyou.Take Care God Bless KATH
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I loved the story...beautiful and touching.
Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful story about the blind little boy with the flower. Loved it!

Hugs
Pen

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that story -- it's a keeper to be shared!  I went to school with a Pam Rainey.  Any relation?  I know, that's off track!  Anyway, thanks for this entry.  I've been uplifted!  Linda (Friday's Child)

Anonymous said...

Lots of clouds blew in today and then blew right out again, rain in the mountians but not here... but only in the 90's, woo hoo...
Happy hump day!
Linda :)