Wednesday, July 11, 2007

CHAPTER 7, PAGE 11

Often we stand at life's crossroads

And view what we think is the end,

But God has a much bigger vision

And He tells us it's only a bend.

Helen Steiner Rice

Make me to know thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths.

Psalm 25:4

GOOD MORNING !

It’s OVER THE HUMP Day for me. The middle of the work week has come and you know once we reach Wednesday, it’s a downhill slide into the weekend!

I’ve gotten a day off on Friday as I need to finally get that tooth fixed. It isn’t easy to get things done when you’re working. I ask my boss if I could have another week’s vacation time instead of a raise this year.

The most vacation we are supposed to get is 2 weeks, but he said that is ok, so now I’ll get 3 weeks off. Friday will be one of my extra vacation days. I’m happy with that.

Weatherwise we have really been hot and dry and every evening, I’m out watering the poor dry grass and flowers. The grass looks very brown, but the flowers are still blooming and growing. We do have a chance of showers in the forecast.

Take good care all and keep cool and drink plenty of liquids. Our bodies do dehydrate easily in heat like we’ve had.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Work can wait while you show a child the rainbow. The rainbow won't wait while you do the work.

Author Unknown

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

 

GRAPHICS BY : www.untilthengraphics.com

 

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah that extra vacation can mean alot . Todd gets earned vacation days and its nice to have them if needed or to cash them out if he wants

Anonymous said...

How nice to get some more holiday time ,sometimes its more important than money ,I suspect he values you ,wish I could say the same about our weather ,its dull here ,and looks like rain yet again!  we are having no summer weather yet ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Yes I love Wednesdays too getting nearer to the week/end so a break for me away from the usual routine always comes my way.I am so happy for you that your boss is allowing you the extra weeks holiday.You have earned it.That will be wonderful for you.Hope your tooth problem is soon fixed and no pain.I'll drink plenty coffee as we havn't had the sunshine very much at all as you know here in England.So its coffee coffee coffee LOL! I have provided you with a nice Rainbow though in my todays post I Hope you enjoy.I will say prayers for some rain to come your way.Take Care God Bless KATH
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you will be getting more time off to rest...or play....or both! Enjoy your day!
Pam

Anonymous said...

My goodness, you`re cheerful so early in the morning! I`d have my eyes propped open with toothpicks.   :/
Have a great day!
Hugs
Penny

Anonymous said...

now you know you deserve the raise and an extra week off...
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, that extra week vacation is great!  Gosh, maybe they'll surprise you and give you a raise too!  :)