Thursday, July 12, 2007

CHAPTER 7, PAGE 12

A motorist drove into a "full-service'' station.

Three attendants charged out to service his car. The first washed the windows; the second checked under the hood; the third checked the tires.

When they finished, the motorist paid for the ten gallons of gas he ordered and drove off. Three minutes later he returned.

Once more the three attendants charged out. "I'm embarrassed to ask you this," said the motorist, "but did anyone put gas in my car?"

The attendants looked at one another. In their rush to serve, they'd forgotten the important thing: the gas.

GOOD MORNING!

This little story was in one of the meditations I read each week. I’m afraid I’m like the attendants that were so involved in what there were doing, they forgot to do what is truly important.

It seems that during the work week, I’m an entirely different person than the one I’d like to be. I sit at a desk for 8-10 hours a day and then rush home to accomplish a few little things at home and then go to bed ,get up and start all over again.

So many times I think that what I’d like to do and what I do are two entirely different things. The truth of the matter is that what is important is what we do with our days, be it at work or home.

Each and every moment is significant and we need to be thankful for them.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

While it is well enough to leave footprints on the sands of time, it is even more important to make sure they point in a right direction.

James Branch Cabell (adapted)

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to bless your heart !

Ma

 

P.S.  It seems that I can not add any graphics this morning...Add pictures is not working at all for me...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hubby heard it on a news show one time we are so worried about doing the urgent we often forget the important

Anonymous said...

Another valuable thought for today ,we dont always get out priorities right ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I must say I start out with one thing then forget and do something else. LOL. Hope you have a great day.

Anonymous said...

It reminds me of when I go to the grocery store with a list and forget the first and most important item.  Suffered with the heat here yesterday, but it has cool off alot this morning, am giving thanks for that.  Have a great day!  Joni

Anonymous said...

Yes it's true at times just as you say,each day we get up it seems the same old story.I do try and make the effort as much as I can to fit in what I need to do.One thing being trying to please someone no matter how little or who it is.As long as I have done this I am happy.First of all though I have Thanked God I am here to do what I can..Thats the important thing in my eyes.I hope you ahve a lovely Thursday with a few smiles along the way and a little sunshine too to warm YOUR heart as you warm mine.Sorry you couldn't get the pictures  to work.Mine worked OK!! then again it depends which method people use I suppose .Take Care God Bless KATH
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I feel like you do when I'm working Mon-Fri. I don't like to work that kind of schedule at all. It frustrates me. Nursing affords me a bit more freedom in that department. Longer shifts...but less days. I'm so thankful for that.
I hope you enjoy the rest of your week and have a wonderful weekend.
Pam