Monday, July 30, 2007

CHAPTER 7, PAGE 30

Hope is not the closing of your eyes

to the difficulty, the risk, or the failure.

It is a trust that ...

If I fail now... I shall not fail forever;

 and if I am hurt, I shall be healed.

It is a trust that life is good, love is powerful,

and the future is full of promise.

Anonymous

  GOOD MORNING !

This past Sunday marked the middle of Ordinary Time (33 weeks total) in our church calendar. There are 5 months until Christmas and 4 months until the new Church year beginning in Advent.

This is a good time to start planning for the Holidays ahead. So often the time comes and we rush to get everything done and then we really don’t enjoy it at all.

I know that the stores now have back to school things ready for all those headed back next month and all the summer things are now on sale. Time flies by so fast that it seems summer just began. I think the stores are always a month ahead of the actual season.

I like to decorate with special table clothes, flowers and knick knacks for each season of the year. Summer is mainly red white and blue and Fall isoranges, yellows and browns. Winter is reds and greens and Spring is pastels of blue yellow and pink. That way I don’t get tired of looking at the same things all the time and it gives me a little cause for celebration too.

Today I go back to work and I look forward with anticipation of the new week. Each new day and the gifts that it may bring needs to celebrated just as though it were a special holiday for sure.

   THOUGHT FOR TODAY

If you are suffering from a bad man's injustice,

forgive him lest there be two bad men.

St. Augustine

May your day be blessed by a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart!

MA

 

 

graphics by:  www.untilthengraphics.com

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only five months gosh ! I love the sound of your seasonal colours ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

ah the stores are a momnth ahead exacpt in last sept early oct you start seeing Christmas stuff. But yeah its back to school time already

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reminding me to get the school supplies for Will.  Yes, it is that time of the year.  Your table sounds lovely, each season...love your ideas.  Hope you have a beautiful week...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Time does fly by you are right.I have been thinking of the autumn for a while now seeing we have had no summer weather.I too love to change my colour themes.Often fabrics too at the windows etc.Ah well we have to make the best of every day I feel as tomorrow never come they say.Sorry for the missed comments.I have had unexpected company for the week/end so I havn't been online until today the odd half an hour..Have a lovely Monday. Missed your posts.I hope you get a few smiles and whatever weather you are hoping for.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

What a great idea!  You have the very best outlook on life, it's so good for you to pass it on.  Have a great day, Joni

Anonymous said...

I love the back to school supply sales. I buy stuff for myself!

HUgs
Penny