Saturday, July 14, 2007

CHAPTER 7, PAGE 14

 

A small child waits with impatience the arrival home of a parent. She wishes to relate some sandbox experience. She is excited to share the thrill that she has known that day.

The time comes; the parent arrives. Beaten down by the stresses of the workplace the parent often replies: 'Not now, honey, I'm busy, go watch television.'

The most often spoken words in the American household today are the words: go watch television.

If not now, when? Later. But later never comes for many and the parent fails to communicate at the very earliest of ages. We give her designer clothes and computer toys, but we do not give her what she wants the most, which is our time.

Now, she is fifteen and has a glassy look in her eyes. Honey, do we need to sit down and talk? Too late. Love has passed by.

Attributed to Robert Keeshan, better known to America as Captain Kangaroo

GOOD MORNING

I came across the little story above and sinced it touched my heart, I felt it should be shared. We can never replace time and we must remember to make the most of each day. We should never put off what we can do today for those we love.

I’m taking it slow and easy this morning. It feels great knowing that things are slowly but surely getting back to normal around here. Thanks to the diligent work of my two sisters, things are in good shape at my Dad’s house and soon we’ll be having a sale of the items left that none of the family wanted.

My DD and her hubby have decided to buy the house so that takes care of a biggie right there. They will probably be able to move in there sometime next month. They are so excited!

It’s been a sad time for all. Going through everything has not been easy . But we’ll be trying to remember the good times and love that was shared. Happy memories do carry us through the rough times. I know there will be many happy times ahead too, because no matter what we start and end with family.

I rarely ask for prayers for myself, but I do need one right now. I’ve lost something that cannot be found. So if you wouldn’t mind, please say one for me today. I really would appreciate it.

Thought for Today

There is no difficulty that enough love will not conquer;

no disease that enough love will not heal;

no door that enough love will not open;

no gulf that enough love will not bridge;

no wall that enough love will not throw down;

no sin that enough love will not redeem.

It makes no difference how deeply seated may be the trouble,

how hopeless the outlook, how meddled the tangle,

how great the mistake; a sufficient realization of love

will dissolve it all.

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to bless your heart .

MA

 

 

graphics by:  www.untilthengraphics.com

 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you find what you are looking for...
Lyn

Anonymous said...

I'm saying a prayer that "the Finder of lost things" shows you where your lost thing is.  

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the home will be staying in the family. I know that means alot. And I hope you find your lost thing soon.
Hugs...Pam

Anonymous said...

How lovely the house is to stay in your family ,a continuation of happy memorys and times ,I am keeping you in my prayers ,with love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

God Bless and may all your prayers be answered!  And thank you for sending sunshine to all every morning.  Linda

Anonymous said...

soo cool they are buying the house. Yes I need an easy day this is day three of yuck stuff gong on

Anonymous said...

Have a blessed weekend!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely posting this is once again I say it many times but I love to come here.No there is not enough communication in some of  todays families.We musn't leave things until they are too late.I am so happy for your DD at the news she is buying your Fathers home.I am sorry and sad you are needing and asking for our prayers ,that tells me you are not too good realy,which is only natural and to be expected at this time still.I will pray thousandfold you may soon feel better.Keep on asking for them if you need to.You get mine every day without having to ask I can asure you.It is very early days yet and some days are worse than others.I hope you feel a little brighter tomorrow.Know you are in my thoughts.Try have a nice relaxing week/end and I hope all your family including your sisters will soon feel better too.Take Care God Bless KATH
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

Aw Sweetie, I know this is a hard time for you.  I am not very good at praying but you know I am sending you good thoughts and wishes.  Its so sad to lose a parent and this will take you a long time to come to terms with.  Hugs, Terry x

Anonymous said...

Love and Prayers to you always.  Joni