Thursday, July 19, 2007

CHAPTER 7, PAGE 19

I NEED TO GO SHOPPING

My Kindness shelf is almost bare, I'm getting low on Love,

Completely out of Thankfulness… Must send for more above.

I should exchange some Jealousy, I didn't order that!

I need a box of Tolerance, For mine seems rather flat!

Oh yes, I must put on my list, The fragrance of God's Peace,

I need a big supply of Joy, Before my needs increase.

I noticed Patience is on sale… I need so much today.

It looks becoming anytime, And mine is telltale grey.

Humility is terribly rare… I can't afford it now.

But Oh, my stock is almost bare, I'll pay for it somehow!

My Sense of Humor is a mess, It should be repaired today.

My flask of Goodness lost its zest, Somewhere along the way.

Extravagant is my shopping list? I wonder how I'll pay?

I can't afford to skimp or save…

So, I must shop -- TODAY!

Author Unknown

Living in the present is where fulfillment is… If we are always wishing it were Friday, we loose the happiness of the present. If we dwell on happenings of the past, we loose a significant portion of today . We need to stop living in another time zone and just enjoy today.

GOOD MORNING !

Rise and Shine ! Put my SMILE on , say a little prayer…check my email…sip on the good coffee and get ready to go to work ! This is my ‘to do’ list every week day morning.

Routines are good in some cases. I always know how long it will take me and what time I have to be to work. When we used to camp with the babes years ago, I’d take my watch off and not look at it again til I got back home. It was so great not to do everything on a schedule.

Tomorrow will be a day off and still yet it’ll be a work day. My sisters have been at Dad’s house having a sale since Wednesday. Friday I’ll be able to go lend a hand. I think DD is coming over for awhile too. After Saturday’s sales, we’ll have to clear up what is left and not sold. The house will be empty and waiting for it’s next family. .Life is a circle, beginnings and endings ….

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Just when I was getting used to yesterday, along came today

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart

MA

 

 

graphics by:   www.graphicgarden.com

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh i bet hat is a sad time cleaning out the house. yet lots of fond memories I would say

Anonymous said...

I'm constantly catching myself wishing my life away -- I wish it was Friday, I wish I was here, there or anywhere.  I'm working on it!  Thanks for today's inspiration.  Linda (Friday's Child)

Anonymous said...

Lifes shopping list ,'very good ',and yes we should enjoy now and not keep wishing away our lives ,good advice ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Thats one good shopping list I think I need to shop for afew of those this next few days myself.I have been a routine lady all my life up to the last 2 yrs and now I take things as they come and I feel much better for it.Now retired like you say I havn't to work to a schedule,yes it feels good.It's a sad job clearing out the house.Still life must go on and I hope whoever gets it has many happy hours living there.Have a lovely Thursday I hope you get a few smiles and a little sunshine too tow rm your heart like you send to us.Take Care God Bless KATH
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I love the shopping list, yes I think we all need to go to that store for a few things.  You know I quit wearing a watch about 5 years ago, It is so liberating and the time is always on the computer you're working on or on my cell.  That way I just live the moment and don't think about later or before as much.  Have a great day!  Joni

Anonymous said...

I like your shopping list. I need to go to that store!  You are so right about living in the present. We'll miss out on today's pleasures if we always live in a different time. I'm guilty of that one...for sure.
Have a good day.
Pam

Anonymous said...

sometimes I sure need to go shopping. Love your shopping list.