Monday, July 16, 2007

CHAPTER 7, PAGE 16

May He who sends the raindrops

And makes the sunshine, too,

Look down and bless you richly

And be very near to you!

Helen Steiner Rice

Thou hast fixed all the bounds of the earth; thou hast made summer and winter.

Psalm 74:17

GOOD MORNING !

BACK TO WORK AGAIN !

We all aware of the effects of a positive attitude and how we can by our manner spread a little joy into the lives of others. When the babes were small I found that if I was having a bad day, so were they.

They cried and fussed when I was upset, which only made me more upset. Of course when they greeted me with their cute SMILES each morning, I didn’t have too many bad days, that’s for sure. God really blessed me with a lot of wonderful mornings !

Now I’m greeted by this old face in the mirror most mornings. I try smiling and what I see reflects me. Happy / sad, old/ tired Smiling/ frowning…I choose happy !

I try to savor my ride into work each morning, now that we have daylight so early in the day.  I live in a small town and travel to another about 20 minutes away. In between is farm country . The roadside stands have opened up and there is fresh produce available now every day. I’ve yet to have my first fresh corn on the cob, but I will soon.

My tooth got the temporary fix last Friday, but they are making me a new partial plate so in a few weeks I will really be able to bite down on something with out fear of breaking that tooth again. I love crunch munchy things and have had to go without much too long now. God is good !

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

I will make love my greatest weapon and none on who I call can defend against its force . . . My love will melt all hearts liken to the sun whose rays soften the coldest day.

Og Mandino

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

graphics by:

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah I would miss the crunchies too.
todd use to take country roads towrk it was so much nicer of a onr hour drive. it does help now he has mostly city all the way.cept for the shortest part of the trip whihc is highway.

Anonymous said...

Love the idea of choosing my face for the day lol ...am smiling .love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

The country roads from village to village here where I live,put the smiles on my face any day.Where you have fresh produce for sale our country roads have sellers of beautiful fresh flowers.I don't realy know what kind of face I have each morning .I shall have to take a leaf out of your book from now on  and try and choose one LOL!!I hope you soon get your fresh corn on the cob.For goodnesss sake though don't chew too hard down on anything crunchy will you.I don't want to have to write a rhyme about more dentures LOL!! Have a lovely day lovely posting lovely graphics .I so enjoyed once more.So happy you got a temporary fix to your teeth.Take Care God Bless KATH
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I do miss fresh produce straight out of the ground, there is no flavour in the stuff from the supermarkets.  I prefer the happy smiley face.  It doesn't hurt anyone to give someone a smile with a cheery goodmorning.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

first thing to do after the tooth is fixed, stop and buy some corn, mmmmmmmmm...
Have a great day!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I noticed when my son was small, if I was agitated, he became agitated too! So I learned to just try to take it a day at a time.  No matter how awful something was...my son always made me laugh. He and I were just discussing this last week when he was here. When my Mom was sick and dying he was two yrs old....and he'd always give me a reason to laugh in a horrible time of life when I was losing my Mom.  He is my angel from Heaven, that's for sure.
Hope you have a good Monday.
Hugs...Pam xoxox

Anonymous said...

I have a smiley face, now I've popped over to see you. Take care and don't eat anything too hard or crunchy with a denture. Have broken mine over the years on peanuts, roast potatoes, chocolate, french bread, the list is endless!
Keep smiling.
Love Sylvia xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/sylviam4000/YeOldeEnglishPosy/

Anonymous said...

I think a nice smile can make one look much younger! :)
Hugs
Penny

http://www.myspace.com/pennysplace2gogh
http://journals.aol.com/penniepooh/pennys-pieces-of-ohio/
http://journals.aol.com/penniepooh/let-the-earth-rejoice/

Anonymous said...

A wonderful entry as always.  I think I laugh at myself in the mirror.  Either that or shrug - like "oh well" - LOL.
Those road side stands are wonderful.  I got some fresh tomatoes Saturday for the spaghetti at one of them.  Yum.  I felt I was at the Menonnites again.  I had to refrain myself.  Or I'd have come back with a car load again....
Sonya