Friday, July 20, 2007

CHAPTER 7, PAGE 20

 

I REFUSE!

I refuse to be discouraged, To be sad, or to cry;

I refuse to be downhearted, and here's the reason why:

I have a God who's mighty, Who's sovereign and supreme;

I have a God who loves me, and by grace I'm on His team.

He is all-wise and powerful. Jesus is His name;

Though everything is changeable, My God remains the same.

My God knows all that's happening; Beginning to the end;

His presence is my comfort; He is my dearest Friend.

When sickness comes to weaken me, To bring my head down low,

 I call upon my mighty God; Into His arms I go.

When circumstances threaten to rob me of my peace;

He draws me close unto His breast, Where all my strivings cease.

When my heart melts within me, and weakness takes control;

He gathers me into His arms, He soothes my heart and soul.

The great "I AM" is with me. My life is in His hand.

The "Son of the Lord" is my hope. It's in His strength I stand.

I refuse to be defeated. My eyes are on my God;

He has promised to be with me, As through this life I trod.

I'm looking past all my circumstances, To Heaven's throne above;

My prayers have reached the heart of God I'm resting in His love.

I give God thanks in everything. My eyes are on His face;

The battle's His, the victory mine; He'll help me win the race.

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!

Author unknown

Good Morning !

I have some happy news for you today. What was lost has now been found. Thank you all for praying and thank the dear Lord for his answer. Just wanted to let you know

Our prayers are always answered . Sometimes not quite the way we think they should, but they are for sure.

I’m off to the sale early this morning. Another working vacation day.  We had some showers yesterday and today is supposed to be much cooler and partly sunny.

Thought for Today

Every day I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive!

 

 

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely verse this morning ,I am happy the lost is found Yipee that some good news.I hope you the sale goes well and whilst you are there you get a few smiles in return and some sunshine to warm your heart too.Even though it might prove a little hard to smile at this time.Looks like I am going fridge hunting,seems mine dosn'nt want to work today and hasn't all night by the look of things.I will leave it in Gods hands as you mention.,instead of worrying about itand still try to smile.Take Care God Bless KATH
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I love every aspect of this entry.  Maxine is my mentor!  God is my strength and my salvation!  Every time I think things are tough, I make myself really stop and think about all the goodness in my life and I am totally amazed at how much He loves me.  Glad you found your lost whatever!  And for that kitty, well, I'm he, he's me..... LOL.  Thanks for the inspiration.  Have a wonderful Friday.  Linda

Anonymous said...

yes cooler weather and hopefullly the storms are over with

Anonymous said...

So very pleased you found that which was lost ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

So pleased prayers were answered...have a beautiful weekend...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your weekend!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I had to read that through twice and i am going to save and print it and put it in my bible.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

wonderful wonderful prayer like usually. I hope you had a great weekend.