Wednesday, July 25, 2007

CHAPTER 7, PAGE 25

Sign Language For The Dentist

You know how hard it is to talk to your dentist when your teeth are being cleaned or you are getting a filling? Well, I decided I would make up a sort of sign language that you could use to express yourself without having to mumble. Below are 10 common things you might wish to say, numbered 1-10. These would be printed on a poster and mounted on the ceiling above the dentist chair. It would give you something to read since procedures can be boring. When a phrase seems appropriate, you would just hold up the corresponding number of fingers to express yourself. The dentist would not need to stop to ask you to repeat yourself and could fix the problem right away.

1. Everything is fine, but my nose itches.

2. When you get a chance, there seems to be spit running down my neck.

3. So, I guess you had garlic again for lunch today?

4. You realize that wasn't my tooth that you just poked with that incredibly sharp tool.

5. I would REALLY prefer you didn't do that again.

6. Could you please suction the chunk of debris that you missed before I gag?

 7. Remember how I said I was numb? I think I may have been mistaken.

8. Wait a minute -- maybe I am allergic to latex.

9. Just so you know, if I don't get to take a break soon, I may bite you.

10. Please stop asking me stupid questions about myself or I will take that paper mask off your face.

author unknown

GOOD MORNING !

As I’m going to the dentist tomorrow ,  this little list seemed appropriate right now. I must add too, that I don’t like going to the dentist at all and wouldn’t if my teeth weren’t so necessary.

It’s Over the Hump day and I’m glad of it. Now we have the downhill slide to the weekend.

It’s supposed to rain here for the next 4 days..or at least we have a chance of it each of the next 4. After the dry and hot summer we’ve had so far it will be a welcome sight.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

It's important that people should know what you stand for.

It's equally important that they know what you won't stand for.

Mary H. Waldrip

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart

MA

 

 

graphics by: www.graphicgarden.com

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, ain't it the truth!!  LOL.  I think they ask you questions on purpose!  Good luck at the dentist.  I'm looking for a new one.  Have a fabulous day!  Linda

Anonymous said...

we have rian agian too. and I love the dentist sign language

Anonymous said...

Love the list lol ,good luck at the dentist I dont envy you ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I LOVED THIS AND I AM LAUGHING MY LID OFF.NOT THAT THE DENTIST IS A PLEASANT PLACE BUT I LOVED THE SIGN LANGUAGE lol!! I ESPECIALLY CAN RELATE TO NUMBER SIX LOL!! I HOPE YOUR APPOINTMENT IS NOT TOO PAINFULL.IT IS RAINING HERE TOO AGAIN.OH DEAR WHEN IS IT GOING TO STOP IN ENGLAND IT WORRYS ME SO MUCH JUST NOW WITH ALL THE FLOODING.THANX FOR THE LAUGH TODAY AND YOUR COMMENTS TOO.MUCH APPRECIATED.I HOPE YOU GET A FEW MORE SMILES TODAY,AND SOME OF THAT MOST NEEDED RAIN I WILL SEND YOU SOME OF OURS OVER.TAKE CARE GOD BLESS KATH.WHOOPS SORRY ABOUT THE BLOCKS.
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Good luck at the dentist. I don't like going either....but once all of my work is done I do feel better.
Pam

Anonymous said...

you are too funny!!!
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Perfect entry for your dentist visit, lol....
Enjoy the rest of the week!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

yep I think all dentist should have that on the walls, love it. Good luck at the Dentist. I hate going too but it's one of those things we have to do. Darn. Hope it all went well. Happy Thursday.