Thursday, July 26, 2007

CHAPTER 7, PAGE 26

When criticizing someone, you might want to consider this. First offer a word of praise and appreciation. Remember the barber always lathers the customer before applying the razor.'

Author Unknown

People never react in the same way to criticism but always react in the same positive way to praise and appreciation.

GOOD MORNING !

Today is THANKFULLY Thursday !

We made it over the hump and are sliding fast into the weekend. Someone mentioned listing things we are thankful for in our journals every Thursday and I said I would remember to do that each Thursday. However I cannot remember who the someone was.

 I really thought it was a great idea so here goes…

Today I am THANKFUL for :

My health and that of my family

My family which includes 6 DS's and 1 DD and their spouses and families and 2 sisters, 1 BIL, 3 nephews and 2 nieces and their spouses and families. When we start counting Aunts , Uncles and cousins the list is unending so I’ll stop counting for now.

My home to come to each evening

My job which is for the most part stress free

And for the rain we had that was so badly needed.

Maybe you too can think of some things to be THANKFUL for and post them in your journal. Even if you don’t have an AOL journal, it is a great idea to find a blank notebook and enter your blessings each week. We really do have so much to be thankful for.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

If you woke up this morning with more health than illness, you are more blessed than the million who will not survive the week.

If you have food in your refrigerator, clothes on your back,a roof over your head and a place to sleep, you are richer than 75% of this world.

If you have money in the bank or in your wallet, you are among the top 8% of the worlds wealthy.

If you hold up your head with a smile on your face and are truly thankful, you are blessed because the majority can, but most do not.

Author Unknown

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart!

MA

 

 

graphics by:

www.untilthengraphics.com

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all have so very much to be grateful for.  Whenever I hear myself complaining, I stop.  It makes me feel ashamed since I have so much to be thankful for.  I'll have to try to make time for a journal entry of thanksgiving!  Thank God for this beautiful day!  Linda

Anonymous said...

We should indeed count our blessings ,love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

tankful for th emom duaghter day out yesterday that was safe in the big city

Anonymous said...

I count my blessings every day.May the lord make us truly thankful Amen.Have a lovely Thursday and I hope you get a few smiles today too.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Yes we should count our blessings each day. I think we forget to do that sometimes.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I loved this entry...and oh so true!
Hugs, thanks for sharing..
Joyce