Friday, July 13, 2007

CHAPTER 7, PAGE 13

We should all do what in the long run gives us joy, even if it is only picking grapes or sorting the laundry.

E.B. White

Summertime is a great time of the year! The early year blues have passed, tax season is behind, and the holidays are too far away to worry about. Summertime is a season to enjoy and to get a little extra rest, to move at slower pace.

GOOD MORNING!

Today is a day off from work for me…I would like to think it is a real vacation day, but it’s not. I'm off to see about getting my smile back this morning. I hope by this afternoon I can really SMILE instead of having a toothless grin.

It's cooler yet again today, we've been given a reprieve from the heat of the past few weeks. It'll be nice to not have the a/c running so much. There's just nothing like a little fresh air!

I did get to sleep in til about 6:15 this morning and it felt just great !

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Summer, like so many things in life, is all about your perspective.

 

 One joy dispels a hundred cares.

Confucius

 

 

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

graphics by:  www.untilthengraphics.com

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Iam so pleased you managed a lie in ,hope the day goes well for you ,love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

yes the heat WILL Be back. Hope your tooth is not too much trouble getting fixed and you can enjoy the rest of the day off

Anonymous said...

I too slept late this morning and it was a real treat.Why? I have no idea,but I wish I could do it a little more often and that was only until 6am.LOL!! It is good for to be able to turn off your A/C and a nice  change to turn off our C/H as some days it has been realy cold and evenings too.I hope you smile at everyone you pass today LOL and you get many in return.. Won't that be just something great.We have a mixure of sun and showers today, here in my part of the country, but very humid,and this is just the weather I love.The showers to cool and the sun to warm my heart as you would say.I hope you have a wonderful day off after your treatment.ENJOY!!! Take Care God Bless KATH
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Beautiful graphics and sentiments.  Good luck at the dentist!  You'll have to post your smile when you're all done!  :)  God Bless!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Our heat is gone for now also.  We had some thunderstorms this morning and the air now smells so fresh, I love it.  The birds and the flowers are happy also.  I know it will get warm again but hopefully no more 100 degree days for a while.
That was our 4th hottest day ever on record in the pacific northwest.  Hope you get lots to smile about this weekend.  Joni

Anonymous said...

75 here today.

Anonymous said...

It's so nice to sleep in, isn't it? I hope the dentist visit went well and that you now have that wonderful smile back to normal. I have to say, you've influenced me. When I go to work I think of you and your smile and I end up smiling. And yanno...it makes everyone smile right back at me! And that's an accomplishment at 6am!!
Hugs,
Pam

Anonymous said...

Isn't it sad when you get to that time of life when you go to bed take out the false eye, unscrew the wooden leg, your teeth smile at you from the pot beside your bed and there is more hair on your chin than your head.  Happy days.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

Hello, my mom does 'Faze Daze'. I thought I would come by and check out your journal. I really liked your entry today. The graphics are beautiful!
Lynn
http://www.onewayoranother-wilson.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I hope the dentist fixed a nice smile....
Have a great weekend!
Linda :)