Sunday, July 8, 2007

CHAPTER 7, PAGE 8

A little story for you…

A young lady was dating a businessman. The relationship developed to the point that the man was considering marriage. To make certain there was nothing in her past that would embarrass him, he hired an agency to run a check on her.

The agency assigned an agent to the case who was not told why the young lady was being checked out. A week later he turned in this report

The young lady is a splendid, highly respected person--except for one unfortunate blemish. Lately, she'd been seen in the company of a businessman with a questionable reputation.

Most of us can handle adversity; the test of character is how we handle prosperity

Character is revealed by what we stand for, what we fall for, and what we are willing to lie for.

Others can damage our reputation, but only we can damage our character

Author unknown

GOOD MORNING !

It’s supposed to be very hot and sunny here today. I’ll be off to church soon for my weekly dose of R & R . I got to sleep in a little this morning and it felt great not to be rushing off to work.

Yesterday was also a hot and sunny one, but we managed to keep in the shade at the camp ground and a little breeze made it very comfortable there.

We had lots of good food and had lots of good times. We played games and also got to go swimming. I do have pictures to share, but for some reason I can’t seem to get them transferred from the camera to the computer.

I’ll have to talk to one of my babes to see what’s wrong. They always help me with my computer problems. When DS#4 was home last, he made some updates to my computer, so he’ll probably know what’s wrong.

I hope you all have the opportunity to get some R & R today too, I’ll be praying for you as always.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

A kind heart is a fountain of gladness,

making everything in its vicinity freshen into smiles.

Washington Irving

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

graphics by:  www.graphicgarden.com

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ilove the story of the business man ,thats poetic justice for you ,so pleased you had a lovely day yesterday,and Ilook forward to seeing your pictures ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

So glad you got to have your picnic on such a nice day.  Sounds like you had fun with your family, that's always such a nice break from the work week.  Can't wait to see the pictures, I'll bet you got some good ones.  I have my son help me with my computer also, I love it when they can do stuff I can't, or can teach me something.  Have a great Sunday!  Joni

Anonymous said...

Neat story...
glad you had fun yesterday...
Lyn

Anonymous said...

Great story....and so happy you had fun yesterday...it's hot here too...too hot.  Looking forward to your photos...hope you have a great day...and week ahead, hugs,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

This technology is nice isn't it, til something goes wrong?  LOL  Sounds like a nice time at the camp ground.  Our nation is hot this week.  I think we all are looking forward to a cool crisp fall day.  So exciting to think about isn't it?  I gotta get that fall trip booked.  LOL

Anonymous said...

Happy to read you enjoyed and sorry to read there were probs with your camera.Yes I too have to wait for Son to do my jobs on the computer I cannot fathom myself.Looking forward to seeing the pics when things are sorted .Have a lovely Sunday enjoy your R & R and I hope you get a few smiles and you already have the Sun I beieve.You are in my prayers at all times.Take Care God Bless KATH
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Hope you get your pics up soon I love to see camping pics you know

Anonymous said...

LOL, Loved the story about the businessman.
It`s soooo hot. I`m indoors with the a/c running and I`m still warm.    :/

hugs
penny