Tuesday, July 3, 2007

CHAPTER 7, PAGE 3

When God measures a person, God puts the tape around the heart instead of the waist.'

Author Unknown

We all know that there is fixation today about trying to have the correct weight. Glossy magazines, advertising and clever marketing give the impression that we have to be slim. Thankfully God uses different standards. God always looks within to measure the worth of a person.

It is inside that we always find the real person. In our hearts or in our soul there is much love, care, kindness, compassion, healing, character and spirit. In some people it bubbles over and in others they are sometimes slow to recognize all of this within. God is never slow in seeing all of this.

God's daily mission is to help nurture so many positive and beautiful qualities within each of us. Too often we are measuring in the wrong place.

This message is from a wonderful site that I visit each day. http://www.todayismygifttoyou.ie/

Good Morning !

I think you know by now that I read many many devotionals and surf the net each day to find words of wisdom and encouragement to share with you all and the message above comes from one of my favorite sites.

True to form the weather man is predicting storms for this evening and tomorrow which is our 4th of July holiday. I’ve plenty to do indoors if that’s the case. Either way there is plenty…outside or in …it will be a working at home kind of day for me.

I do apologize to anyone whose name or journal I messed up on yesterday. I was at work and shouldn’t have tried to make such a hurried entry about all the journals I enjoy. I read a lot of them and comment on a few of them and love every one of them.

J’ landers are some of the most wonderful people you’d ever want to meet. I even forgot to mention Linda at Footprints in the Sand, and my friend over at Sandra at Happy Days… I’ve been reading their journals for a long time now. Their links are in my Journals I read on the side bar.

My heart was right, but the words were not.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Your ability to get along well with others will determine your happiness and success as much as any other factor.

Brian Tracy

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart.

MA

 

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah I dread picking my five out I dont know if I can. lol Im gong to TRY to do an entry today.

Anonymous said...

How can you pick five when there are so many ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Lovely and true words they are too.I will call on that link when time allows.You realy do some searching too,but always come up with something to please my heart.Don't worry about the mistakes and no need to apologise.I think maybe it was metioned to enable people to go to the right blogs.None of us are perfect I have made lots of mistakes here in J/Land.Thankyou for the other blog links too.At the moent I should hate anyone to put a tape around my Waist LOL!! Thats your little smile today from me.Sorry I cannot send you any sunshine it is rain again for us here for the next week predicted at least.Grrrr.Have a lovely Tuesday
no matter what.We have to make the best of what God sends us.Take Care God Bless KATH LOVE THE LAUGHING KITTY haaaaaaaa.Thankyou for the smiles he gave me.
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I love the kitties, hope you have a good day at work and that it goes really fast for you.  Joni

Anonymous said...

The dog reminded me of my son when he was younger, he used to try and get as many dummies in his mouth as he could.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

Thanks for thinking of me.... and you can't have rain on the fourth, send it over here, it's gonna be 106 degrees here tomorrow...
Happy Fourth of July!
Linda :)