Sunday, July 22, 2007

CHAPTER 7, PAGE 22

PRAYER FOR PEACE

Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace;

where there is hatred, let me sow love;

where there is injury, pardon;

where there is doubt, faith;

where there is despair, hope;

where there is darkness, light;

and where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master,

grant that I may not so much seek

to be consoled as to console;

to be understood as to understand;

to be loved as to love;

for it is in giving that we receive,

it is in pardoning that we are pardoned,

and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

St. Francis of Assisi

Hypothetical Situation

Total Casualties

(dead and injured) ..........................100

Each casualty has the following associates, who are affected in some way:

10 relatives ..........................1,000

10 friends .............................1,000

10 neighbours ......................1,000

10 workmates ......................1,000

10 acquaintances .................1,000

Each casualty will have, in the course of the incident and its aftermath, a minimum of the following:

2 police officers .......................200

2 ambulance crew ...................200

2 nurses ...................................200

1 doctor ....................................100

Grand total ...........................5,800

Frightening, isn't it? Just the numbers alone make a valid argument for putting an end to all fighting across the world.

Prince of Peace, may your reign come soon!

http://pauseandpray.com/

GOOD MORNING

R & R day is here once more and more than usual, I really do need to be refreshed and renewed for another work week.

Today will be a fun day as I’ll be going shopping after church for a shower gift. One of my nephews will be getting married come October and next weekend is the shower so I need a gift to take.

Any more the places they register at for gifts is all on line and you can really do the shopping without even going to the store, but I prefer to go and get my gift personally. I don’t like to give money for gifts either. I like to give something , not just an envelop with cash.

The sale is done, but we still have a few little odds and ends that didn’t sell. The rest of these will be donated to one of my dad’s favorite charities. Amen.

It is another part of the process of closure. The treasured memories will never be sold or taken away. I’ll never forget the hours around the table with our good cups of coffee and the many stores told there. We really learned more about our parents in the few years before they died than we ever knew as children growing up at home. I’m so thankful for the time I was blessed to have spent with them both. My mom passed away just one year ago in March and my dad just this past June.

Please make sure you are able to bless your soul with a little R & R today too. I will continue to pray for all of you . Your needs and concerns are very important . Don’t forget to turn them over to the Lord . He hears and answers every prayer.

Sometimes we get discouraged and feel like things won’t ever take a turn for the good. Just remember this too shall pass and there really are brighter days ahead.

A Prayer from yesterday’s devotional

O God of my heart, I am amazed at your wonder. My soul is filled to overflowing because I know I am your beloved child. Thank you for bestowing your mercy on me so that I might eventually incline my heart to receive you. Thank you for seeing in me everything I could not see. May I continue to grow in your grace. May I reach out to the world around me so that they too might know this unfathomable love. Amen.

www.d365.org

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Little prayers for little things

Fly heavenward on little wings,

And no prayer is too great or small

To ask of God who hears them all.

Helen Steiner Rice

Keep me as the apple of the eye; hide me in the shadow of thy wings.

Psalm 17:8

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

PS  I did put a couple of links in today’s entry. They are just a few of the places that some of my quotes and stories come from. I hope you will enjoy them too.

 

 

 

Peace Angel graphics by: www.irenescorner.com/graphics

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good thoughts today.  Thanks for explaining the Rosary.  It was the prayers said between the Hail Marys and the Our Father that were confusing me and throwing me off, and a friend sent me a link that explained those too.

Anonymous said...

I so love the prayer for peace hymn ,yes memorys can never be sold ,have a blessed Sunday ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Have a blessed Sunday!
Happy Shopping!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Have a blessed day!

Anonymous said...

I love the short HSR prayer.I love her work.I have to make my comments short so many to catch up on and I am sorry if I have missed any,but I havn't been too good this last few days.Have a blessed Sunday Take Care God Bless Thankyou for your prayers.KATH
atoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Love when people register at walmart that is so easy even if they use other places walmart is os convivenet

Anonymous said...

What a full day you had...church, shopping for gift...lots to do.  Happy to see you believe like me, a gift says a personal touch given.
Love your thought for the day...very inspirational, coming by your journal...I love it.
Hugs and love...
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I love the Prayer for Peace, it is one of my favorite hymns.  Hope you had a fun day shopping.  I'm like you I like to give something tangible too.  Joni