Monday, July 2, 2007

CHAPTER 7, PAGE 2

(there has been a lovely full moon out there the past 3 days)

 

THINGS TO FORGET - THINGS TO REMEMBER

Forget each kindness that you do,

As soon as you have done it.

Forget the praise that falls to you,

The moment you have won it.

Forget the slander that you hear,

Before you can repeat it.

Forget each slight, each spite, each sneer,

Whenever you may meet it.

Forget each worry and distress,

Be hopeful and forgiving.

Remember every promise made,

And keep it to the letter.

Remember those who lend you aid,

And be a grateful debtor.

Remember all the happiness

That comes your way in living.

Remember good, remember truth,

Remember heaven is above you.

And you will find, through age and youth,

That many will come to love you.

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

Here we are -- another Monday morning and it’s a brand new month too. June went by in a blur and now I’m hoping for the ‘lazy hazy’ days of summer.

I will definitely be visiting a beach somewhere. Last summer I made it to our nearby beach on Lake Erie briefly for one afternoon. This summer I hope there will be more opportunities to do just that. I need to feel the warm sand between my toes and the cool lake breezes blowing on my face.

We are blessed by having the beach so near to us. Northern Ohio is a beautiful part of the country and it’s only when the cold of winter sets in that I wish I lived somewhere else.

I found this web site that list lots and lots of activities going on around Ohio. http://www.ohiotraveler.com/#dinos

Sometimes we think we need to travel far in order to enjoy our vacations and days off, but we have plenty to see and do right here. Now all I need is the time to do it.

For today however, I’ll be going into work and I will be trying to whittle down all those piles on my desk.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot.

Oscar Wilde

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

graphics by:  www.untilthengraphics.com

 

 

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

we stay local too and its simpler plus we get a lot of little mini vacations that way. its so much simplier plus keeps the money in our home state. I hope to see you with hyour family on camping weekends too.

Anonymous said...

We never go abroad ,we feel there is so much for us to discover in these great British Isles of ours ,have a good week ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a beautiful week...hugs,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Oh I have enjoyed this entry once again.I do hope you find time out to go to your lovely beach as I know you so much love.Rain is the main block here at the moment .I don't think it is ever going to stop.The beach has been empty now for a couple of weeks due to the awful storms and rainpours.Still it is one of my riches and I thank the lord I have it on hand to nip across the road in the sunshine,whenver it arrives.Have a lovely Monday if possible I hope you get plenty smiles and a little sunshine too to warm your own heart.Take Care God Bless KATH
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I snagged your moon graphic..hope you don't mind.
I love man in the moon stuff.
I hope you have a great day~
love, Cassie

Anonymous said...

I love that moon graphic you used at the beginning of this entry.
I agree, there is so much to do here in Ohio. I`m going to check out that travel link.
Hugs
Penny

Anonymous said...

The moon graphic is really sweet.  I hope you have a good day.  Hugs, Terry x