Sunday, July 29, 2007

CHAPTER 7, PAGE 29

I Asked God…

Author unknown

I asked God to take away my pain.

God said, No. 'It is not for me to take away,

but for you to give it up.'

I asked God to make my handicapped child whole.

God said, No. 'Her spirit was whole,

her body was only temporary.'

I asked God to grant me patience.

God said, No. 'Patience is a byproduct of tribulations;

it isn't granted, it is earned.'

I asked God to give me happiness.

God said, No. 'I give you blessings.

Happiness is up to you.'

I asked God to spare me pain.

God said, No. 'Suffering draws you apart from worldly

cares and brings you closer to me.'

I asked God to make my spirit grow.

God said, No. 'You must grow on your own,

but I will prune you to make you fruitful.'

I asked God for all things that I might enjoy life.

God said, No. 'I will give you life so that you may enjoy all things.'

I asked God to help me love others, as much as he loves me.

God said... 'Ahhhh, finally you have the idea.'

GOOD MORNING !

I know you’ve probably seen the little story above before, but I felt like it needed to be read again.

As always I pray for all of you and the list often looks like the one above. I pray for those that are suffering and in pain. I pray for the handicapped, one of which is our 'Sweetheart' who has suffered from Epilepsy since she was 6 months old. I pray for the ones that sick and afflicted, the poor and the needy, for our Troops at home and abroad, and for Peace in our world.

God in his own good time answers each and every prayer. Love is the beginning and the end of all things. I needed this reminder today. If we can love others as God loves us it the right idea for sure !

Today is the wedding shower for one of my nephew’s bride to be. It will be a happy time and I’m sure one that she won’t forget for a long long time. I can still remember the wedding shower that I had many many years ago. I don’t remember the gifts I received, I remember the celebration and the happiness of the day. We’ll all join in wishing them well and give gifts to help them get started in their new life together.

Before all that I will be going to church, of course. I do need my weekly dose of R & R. Don’t forget to bless your soul today. We all need it to get through the joys and sorrows of the week to come.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

In this wavering world of unbelief

We are filled with doubt and questioning fear—

Oh, give us faith in things unseen

So we may feel Thy presence near

Helen Steiner Rice

Thy way was through the sea, thy path through the great waters; yet thy footprints were unseen.

Psalm 77:19

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

graphics by:  www.untilthengraphics.com

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

we just came from a wedding last night. stuffy wedding but wonderful reception. I love open air not so full of rituals and free weddings. not frilly and full of decore I like the focus on the bride and groom much more. simplistic and less stress ya know. I see too many brides and parents getting bogged down in the frills nad not able to enjoy the up to the moment. I actually see that in so many holidays we get all bogged down in the decore and setting up and really cant enjoy and revel in the day. we are too stresse dand too worn out. the blessing is the couple and thier vows. not all the extras

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the party! I am off to work but it is my short day... and then bday presents for son1 and cake...
Have a blessed Sunday!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

What a lovely entry ,you are so caring ,enjoy the shower ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Ah, a day of worship and rest.  To go to church and recharge our souls for the coming week!  God Bless.  Linda

Anonymous said...

GOOD ONE..
THANK YOU.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the shower. Those are always fun! So full of hope and promise of a new life.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I loved the story you wrote, it's so true. Have a great time at the shower.

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful day!
Hugs
Penny