Wednesday, July 18, 2007

CHAPTER 7, PAGE 18

One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living. We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon – instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today.

Dale Carnegie

Good Morning !

For years I would say, when the children are grown, we will do this and that.

DDH and I had planned on selling the house, buying a camper and just traveling around the rest of our lives. We could go south in the winter and north in the summer and just relax and see the country. We had plans, but the good Lord had other ones.

I can’t and won’t regret the fact that those plans were never realized because we had such a good relationship that what we had was enough. It was enough because we truly made the most of each day and I’ve no regrets.

Last night was my dulcimer get together with my two dulcimer buddies. We’ve been friends for over 30 years and we enjoy getting together and always have fun. Sometimes the dulcimer gets played very little but we always laugh a lot.

The friend whose house we go to always feeds us a dessert too! She said when she went to the store she explained to the lady that she had a problem deciding what to get as one of us was diabetic and the other was having tooth problems so needed something soft for dessert. We laughed and laughed at her description of us…. Well we wound up with pineapple upside down cake. The soft won out over the sugar free.

We finally got some rain yesterday and hopefully may get a little more today.When I came home last evening it was like a steam bath out and starting to get very foggy.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Love is not what makes the world go round. Love is what makes the trip worthwhile.

Franklin Jones

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

graphics by: www.untilthengraphics.com

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH my goodness I lvoe pineapple upside down cake. yeah seems like GOD changes our plans daily

Anonymous said...

I am sure you were not the only two who sat and thought we will do this and we will do that.Strange we weave a pattern for years and then the loom seem to stop weaving.We then seem to be happy at this stage with just being here and thanking God for what we already have had.I would have laughed too at the description your friend gave the shopkeeper.Still it was worth it, as I love the desert you ended up with.It's nice to have a get together with friends.I am happy he sent you some rain.Today I hope you get a few smiles like yesterday and a little sunshine to warm your heart too.Thanx for the smiles you gave me today.Take Care God Bless KATH
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Life plans seem to change for me constantly. I guess God is teaching me to be flexible?
Hope you have a good day.
Pam

Anonymous said...

We had dreams too, that never happened...so I know what you are talking about.  Sounds like a great time with your friends...love your Thought For Today...very nice! Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

My Mother used to say ,Man plans and got prophiesise ,so true ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I`m glad to hear that you had an enjoyable time at your friends. I`m a little curious about a dulcimer. I had to look the word up!
Hugs
Penny