Monday, July 23, 2007

CHAPTER 7, PAGE 23

There is always room for improvement.

And the fact that there is, is truly a blessing.

There is always something new to be learned.

There are always fresh ideas to be explored.

No matter how good life is,

there are ways to make it even better.

Love and joy and fulfillment do not ever get used up.

You can make today more beautiful, more productive,

more meaningful than yesterday.

And you can make tomorrow even better.

Each moment is another opportunity to create new value.

Each day is yours to fill with positive experience.

Whether you've been up or you've been down,

whether life is now good or not so good,

this is the time to make it better.

Make a little improvement, and then a little more,

and keep reaching higher and higher.

Ralph Marston

GOOD MORNING !

Our comfort zone feels safe, familiar and relaxing. The problem is, if we’re spending too much time there we may not be growing and evolving.

Life is constantly changing and sometimes it isn’t easy to adapt. We are forced to move out of those comfort zones and confront the changes.

I think we all try to deal with changes in different ways, some good…some not so good. Like the little message above says—we just need to keep reaching higher and higher.

My place of comfort always has been my home. It’s my sanctuary and the place I know I’ll find peace from life’s trials. It’s nothing fancy for sure. An old house full of old things but it’s home.

I do move out of that zone every day to work, to church, to shop, or to visit with family or friends. I love being able to do all those things but it’s always nice to come home.

 THOUGHT FOR TODAY

There is no such thing as a 'self-made' person. We are made up of thousands of others. Everyone who has ever done a kind deed for us, or spoken one word of encouragement to us, has entered into the make-up of our character and of our thoughts, as well as our success.

George Matthew Adams

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

Graphics by:  www.untilthengraphics.com

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

my comfort zone is also my home and that is where I want to stay today just HOME!!!!!! I could hide here indefinitly you know and never leave if I could get things delivered to me andnot have to shop lol

Anonymous said...

Amen to this!!  Love it.  Thanks.  Guess it's a good thing I have to work -- I might never leave my house!  :)

Anonymous said...

theres no place like home no matter how humble.My place is in my home too.Thankyou for the lovely posting today.I always feel better when I have been here.I hope you have a lovely Monday and the weather is whatever you are hoping for,with a few smiles along the way.Take Care God Bless KATH
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I think we can all relate to what you are saying about home ,The nicest part of going away ,is coming home again lol ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I love being home! That's my problem....I don't want to leave for long. It would be so easy for me to get into a rut and never leave. I guess it's good that I'm unable to do that, huh?
Have a great Monday.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Aw, your cheery words never fail to lift me and you are right, home is where the heart is.  Hugs, Terry x