Saturday, July 7, 2007

CHAPTER 7, PAGE 7

The secret to happiness and well-being is no mystery.

All it takes is the ability to do the following:

Forget

Apologize

Admit errors

Avoid mistakes

Listen to advice

Keep your temper

Shoulder the blame

Make the best of things

Maintain high standards

Think first and act accordingly

Put the needs of others before your own

Forgive

Seem like a tall order?

Then try slipping as many of these "secrets to happiness" into your day as possible. You'll soon be rewarded with a more positive outlook on life.

 

GOOD MORNING !

I’m up and at ‘em early here this morning. I’ve got all my goodies packed, the least of which is the ‘deviled eggs’. I’ve got fruit and cookies, and a cream pie, and a few other surprises for them too. I charged up the camera batteries so I should have some pictures for you all tomorrow.

This past week has been a hectic one and I know that the next few won’t be much better. My sisters and I now face the huge job of disposing of all of Dad’s stuff, plus his house.

Today though I’m going to get away from it all and just enjoy being with some of my family.

  THOUGHT FOR TODAY

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Thomas A. Edison

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

graphics by: www.hshpgraphics.com

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you know that you gave us page 7 chapter 7 on 07/07/07???
Lyn

Anonymous said...

I love deviled eggs wish I was there

Anonymous said...

Have  wonderful time and pack as much into it as you do your journal ENJOY as I do your journal. hope you get  lots of smiles on the way,and I know you will have lots of sunshine to warm your heart this weekend.Take Care God Bless KATH
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Just have a lovely weekenfd with your family before you have the daunting job of sorting out your Dads home ,..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I loved your thought for the day!
I hope you have a wonderful time. I know you will!! I look forward to seeing the photos that you take!
Pam

Anonymous said...

I don't think i have ever had deviled eggs. Have a great weekend.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your day, you deserve it!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I think it is fun what your family does with the camping.  I would love that.
Sonya

Anonymous said...

I`m glad you enjoyed yourself and I look forward to seeing the pics. ( sorry, reading entries out of order here. )

penny