Wednesday, March 12, 2008

 

Life is short, spring into action and live today’s beginning

Each of us has the power of making happier, sunnier, the little spot wherein our daily life is spent.

Archbishop of Canterbury

When we can give ourselves something to look forward to, we can make today more pleasant, and we can create something new inside ourselves. Many people don't make plans at all. Somehow they seem to think that if they plan things for their futures, they're setting themselves up for disappointment.

I think having something in the future to look forward to can help our morale and our spirits… to be able to do this so that no matter how trying today or tomorrow may become, we always have in the back of our minds something to look forward to.

Bits and pieces rom my meditations for Tuesday

GOOD MORNING !

My spirits have needed a boost for the past week for sure. I’ve so had it with winter that the only thing that seems to keep me going is that I have my little place in the woods waiting for me.

I imagine I’m a better person to be around if I’m upbeat and optimistic so I do try to be that way. I’m also trying to pick something in each day to look forward to.

Besides my long range plan for camping, I’ve decided I need some little perks along the way. I enjoy reading and right now have 2 good books going…One is the upstairs book the other is the downstairs book. Upstairs I have HOME TO HOLLY SPRINGS by Jan Karon. She wrote the Mitford series and now has this new book out. The downstairs book is a Whitethorn Woods by Maeve Binchy

Besides reading I’m sure there are other little things that will brighten my day, so just like my theme for the month I’ll be springing into action finding some way to pick my self up out of the winter doldrums for life is too short for sure to waste it away.

THOUGHTS FOR TODAY

Spread gladness and cheer. When you do, others will give back to you even more gladness and cheer than you shared with them to begin with! Give to the world the best you have, And the best will come back to you.

Madelyn S. Bridges

Our workaday lives are filled with opportunities to bless others. The power of a single glance or an encouraging smile must never be underestimated.

G. Richard Rieger

 

May your day be filled with blessings

As new as Spring

As fragrant as flowers

As full as your heart can hold.

MA

 

 

graphics by:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guess what Im reading at the minute ,.....yes  its White Thorn Woods ,I have read all Maeve Binchys books ,I somehow missed this one until recently ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I just finished Chinese Cinderella..
It was very good.
I like you sassy lookin cats..lol..
Have a good evening.

Anonymous said...

Reading has always been one of my favorite things. You will be so happy sitting in the mountains (or wherever you are camping) and enjoying a good book.
Have a good day.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Happy Reading!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Running behind on my comments. :(  That is good to have something to look forward too. :)  Hope your week is full of sunshine. We have had 2 days with some sunshine. In my prayers. Janie

Anonymous said...

Its going to warm up when we lest expect it.... remember how it comes on and all of the sudden it gets hot?  Its coming so enjoy your books and relax while you can
Sandra