Wednesday, March 5, 2008

BOOK O8, CHAPTER 3, PAGE 5

Life is short, spring into action and live today’s beginning

What a blessing it is to awaken to the unique possibilities of a new day.

The best things are nearest:

breath in your nostrils,

light in your eyes, flowers at your feet,

duties at your hand,

the path of God just before you.

Then do not grasp at the stars,

but do life's plain, common work as it comes,

certain that daily duties and daily bread

are the sweetest things of life.

Robert Louis Stevenson

You stand in this moment at a beautiful new beginning, full of promise and possibility. See it, know it, live it, and allow the joy to flow more abundantly than ever before.

Ralph Marston

GOOD MORNING !

Our daily duties can be awesome reminders of how alive we are, and just how simple life can be, and just how fulfilling life can be when it is simple. One of my favorite things in the world is to curl up with a cup of coffee, and English muffin, and a good book, and if I had to choose, I'd pick that over an expensive show or concert any day

The best things in life are free they say and although the cup of coffee , the muffin and the book may cost a little it is a simple thing .

My life has been filled with taking pleasure in simple things mainly because I’ve had very little money left over at the end of the week, but I don’t think I’d trade them for lots of other costly things.

Today we’re supposed to have some more snow . I’ll be taking it slow and easy on my way to work once more. I’ll be glad to be back home in my warm house tonight for sure.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Have you ever noticed how almost everything works in cycles, from relationships to sports to the economy to the stock market? We almost never see anything grow continually for years and years--rather, we see things grow for a while, then the growth slows or even turns into shrinking, only to return to growth later.

Author Unknown

Life is short, spring into action and live today’s beginning

May your day be filled with blessings

As new as Spring

As fragrant as flowers

As full as your heart can hold.

MA

 

 

graphics by:

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is the free things that give us so much pleasure too ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

The simple life is a good life.  It is not how much we have but how much we enjoy that really matters.   Have a great day.    Pat

Anonymous said...

I agree with you on the simple things. They are the best! Although...about ten years ago I was introduced to plays, shows, concerts...and I admit I did enjoy them. But, not on a regular basis.
Be careful out in the bad weather. Have a great day.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I like simple things. Like a bargain. Have a little more than when younger but still can't spend a lot of money. That is fine with me. Hope you have had a little sunshine this week. Blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

Have a comfy cozy day!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Sometimes the simple things mean the most.
We need to find more joy in what we have instead of searching all the time for something else.
Stay warm, hope spring comes quickly for your state.

Anonymous said...

May your day be a Blessed one ~ Ally x