Wednesday, March 26, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 3, PAGE 26

Life is short, spring into action and live today’s beginning

A SMILE

Author Unknown

She smiled at a sorrowful stranger.

The smile seemed to make him feel better.

He remembered past kindnesses of a friend

And wrote him a thank you letter.

The friend was so pleased with the thank you

That he left a large tip after lunch.

The waitress, surprised by the size of the tip,

Bet the whole thing on a hunch.

The next day she picked up her winnings,

And gave part to a man on the street.

The man on the street was grateful;

For two days he'd had nothing to eat.

After he finished his dinner,

He left for his small dingy room.

(He didn't know at that moment

that he might be facing his doom.)

On the way he picked up a shivering puppy

And took him home to get warm.

The puppy was very grateful

To be in out of the storm.

That night the house caught on fire.

The puppy barked the alarm.

He barked till he woke the whole household

And saved everybody from harm.

One of the boys that he rescued

Grew up to be President.

All this because of a simple smile

That hadn't cost a cent.

Kindness is in our power,

even when fondness is not.

Samuel Johnson

GOOD MORNING !

Today is Wednesday and it’s OVER THE HUMP day. I’ll be smiling for sure as I know the weekend is now just 2 days away.

I think that Thursday and Friday will be Spring house cleaning in the office. I wish I could do that at home too and maybe I’ll get started at that over the weekend.

Next week my boss comes back from vacation. I’ve hardly heard a peep out of of him so far…one e-mail with some instructions and that’s about it. I’ve been busy with the daily office jobs and today will have finally done the last of the archive files.

I’ve thoroughly gone through them all and cleaned out enough to fill the rubbish bins more than once. My back is not thanking me one bit for all that, but I do take time out and rest every now and then.

This is the last full week of March and April will be here next Tuesday. I’ll be thinking about a new theme for the month so I can share it with you all. April Showers, flowers, sunshine, rain, warmth all come to mind…we’ll see….

March came in like a LION and has roared all month long. I certainly hope it leaves like a LAMB!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Today, give a stranger one of your smiles.

It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.

Quoted in P.S. I Love You

May your day be filled with blessings

As new as Spring

As fragrant as flowers

As full as your heart can hold.

MA

 

 

graphics by:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your quotes today...
makes me think of this one
"Give a stranger one of your smiles..he may need it more than you"
hugs
Lyn
http://journals.aol.com/ukgal36/Britsblog/

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful rose. I love roses! Got my tax return figured for Friday so have done a little house cleaning here. I need to do a bunch not a little !!!! lol I am sooo ready for a little warm weather. lol Before long I will be begging for a cool breeze... are we ever happy? lol God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

I am not spring cleaning until I don't see any snow!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Very well done getting all the spring cleaning done at work ,what a sense of a job well done ,I remember when you first embarked on this task it seemed so daunting ,clever girl ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Glad you got all the cleaning done....no news from the boss can be a good thing.  LOL And I too hope to see some "lamb" like weather.  Speaking of lamb, we are having leg of lamb next Sunday with George's parents.  LOL  Even amidst the boxes.  His Dad loves lamb and so we want to fix it before we move...So maybe we'll get our lamb like weather and get to eat it too?  I'm not very funny this morning, am I?  LOL
Sonya