Saturday, March 29, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 3, PAGE 29

Life is short, spring into action and live today’s beginning

People are like stained glass windows.

They sparkle and shine when the sun is out;

but when the darkness sets in their true beauty

is revealed only if there is a light within.

Elisabeth Kuebler-Ross

I see people who seem to shine, who seem to have a brilliant internal light that shines through in their eyes and in their smiles, and I would love to be like that.

GOOD MORNING !

I looked in the mirror this morning and saw a very tired out looking old lady staring back at me. I’ll look better tomorrow after having a day away from work. Those days are getting longer and longer for me. Yet the good Lord gives me the strength and the good health to keep going, so I do.

Sparkling and shinning are two words that I would rarely use to describe myself. I rarely dazzle anyone, but I always try to look to the bright side of things.

Thankfully the weekend has come and it is even supposed to be a sunny day here in northern Ohio. The temps will still be in the 40’s, but that is considerably warmer than we have been. March has been very cold and snowy here for sure. A sunny day is a blessing to be treasured.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

It's easy to see and notice what we like in other people. Sometimes, it's not as easy to see the attributes and beauty in ourselves. It's good to see the beauty in others. But sometimes, take a moment and get excited when you notice what's beautiful in yourself, too.

Melody Beattie

May your day be filled with blessings

As new as Spring

As fragrant as flowers

As full as your heart can hold.

MA

Stop and Smell the Flowers !

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you many sunshiny days!!
Hope you have a nice relaxing day getting a bit done....
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely graphics. I look in the mirror and see that every day. lol Nice entry and hope you can get out and about in the sunshine. It is cloudy here and pretty cool. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

We are having typically English weather - awful! High winds and lashing rain - typical of March - at least it's nearly April. Take care.
Love Sylvia

Anonymous said...

I love Carl Sandburg...good one.
Hope you have a good weekend.
Take care, Cassie

Anonymous said...

I don't know how you keep going the way you do. You are a strong lady to keep working like you do.
Have an enjoyable weekend.
Hugs..Pam xoxox

Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoyed your sunny day and hope you have another today.

Anonymous said...

Those frogs are so cute! :-)

xoxo