Sunday, March 9, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 3, PAGE 9

Life is short, spring into action and live today’s beginning

O God, We thank you for this earth, our home; for the wide sky and the blessed sun, for the ocean and streams, for the towering hills and the whispering wind, for the trees and green grass.

We thank you for our senses by which we hear the songs of birds, and see the splendor of fields of golden wheat, and taste autumn's fruit, rejoice in the feel of snow, and smell the breath of spring flowers.

Grant us a heart opened wide to all this beauty; and save us from being so blind that we pass unseeing when even the common thornbush is aflame with your glory.

For each new dawn is filled with infinite possibilities for new beginnings and new discoveries. Life is constantly changing and renewing itself.

In this new day of new beginnings with God, all things are possible. We are restored and renewed in a joyous awakening to the wonder that our lives are and, yet, can be.

Amen.

I wake expectant, hoping to see a new thing.

Annie Dillard

GOOD MORNING !

We are Restored and Renewed in a joyous awakening to the wonder that our lives are and, yet, can be

It is R&R day once more. I really didn’t do much else yesterday either. It was very hard to work up any steam to do anything. I’d look outside and shiver…snow and wind blowing the snow and the drifts adding up to 3 and 4 feet just were unbelievable.

Of course there was a few moments of activity when I’d go out and clear some snow away from our doorway and steps but that was about it.

I think our winter storm finally played itself out and we can breathe a little easier today. We’ve lots to be thankful for in that there were no accidents for my family and friends anyway, and no one lost power here.

The wind and the snow kept most people indoors yesterday. I’m going to try and get to church this morning. DD has 4 wheel drive and if she goes to church this morning she’ll come and pick me up, if not I’ll see how the roads are.

They don’t usually do a very good job of clearing our church parking lot so I may just try and walk it if DD doesn’t go. By Monday morning it should be ok to drive to work.

DD and DS#5 and their spouses wanted to take me to Red Lobster yesterday for my birthday so I think they may still try to take me there this evening. We’ll see how the road conditions are.

The pictures above are inside and outside of my house yesterday.  You'll see that I have bits and pieces of Spring and St. Patrick's decorations here and there and you'll see the mounds of snow for sure. I tried to do the pictures the old way so I could put some explanations in but this will have to suffice as the other didn't work.  The gal in the pictures is my next door sister who was snow blowing the driveway.  You'll also see my beagle on the patio .  Poor boy had no place to run and play yesterday...

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

The first day of spring is one thing, and the first spring day is another.

The difference between them is sometimes as great as a month.

Henry van Dyke

May your day be filled with blessings

As new as Spring

As fragrant as flowers

As full as your heart can hold.

MA

 

 

graphics by:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are bracing ourselves here for a storm heading in from the Atlantic.  According to the met office we are going to get winds of 80 m.p.h. and heavy rain.  They are warning people to stay indoors and predict damage to property and many falling trees.
Say a prayer for me when you are at church, I could feel a lot better than I do and have an awful bad back right now.  Hugs.

Anonymous said...

The pictures are lovely.  I'm sure tired of the snow, & I know that you are too.  I'm so ready for Spring.  Happy B'day late.  I hope you all get to go to Red Lobster.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

You must be heartely sick of that snow now ,hope you are able to get to church safely,keep warm ,and roll onm thre spring sunshine ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are ready for Spring and Easter....and also St. Patricks Day....I loved all the photos.  Hope you make it to church...be careful out in the snow...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Hey! That looks like me hanging in there waiitng for spring!! lol What many lovely things we should be thankful for. Hmmm Red Lobster sounds good. I love the scrimp! Have a wonderful Sunday. Blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

Isn't it great on days like this we have a nice warm house and extra blanket etc to keep us warm... hang in ther spring is coming
Sandra

Anonymous said...

My female beagles now sort of sigh and climb up the snow banks, lol! Poor things.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

WOW look at all of that snow! What a way to start March! You looked cute in your snowsuit!
Be safe and warm. Have a good week.
Hugs..Pam