Saturday, March 8, 2008

BOOK 08 CHAPTER 3, PAGE 8

 

Life is short, spring into action and live today’s beginning

It's only when we truly know and understand that we have a limited time on earth--and that we have no way of knowing when our time is up--that we begin to live each day to the future, as if it was the only one we had.

Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

GOOD MORNING !

Here I am celebrating another year of blessings and thanking the good Lord for them. I’m a grand 64 today! That is a long time to accumulate as many blessings as I’ve received and everyday of my life it seems I’m blessed with more.

I’ve had hard times just like most of you and I’ve been down and out too, but the really great thing is that I keep bouncing back and discovering that life really is worth living.

 Life is like a long journey to me and what we do along the way is what counts. At the end of the trip, I’ll be finding out if I learned the lessons sent along the way and I can only hope that I have.

I have had some ‘earth shaking’ events in my life that have caused my deep appreciation for each day. I never miss a day with out telling those I love how much I do love them. I never fail to appreciate the things I have or for that matter what I don’t have.

There are lots of don’t haves that are sometimes worth more than the haves. For instance I don’t have any serious disabilities or illness in my life right now. AndI don’t have to worry about how I’m going to pay my bills as I’m blessed with a job right now. There is a lot to be said for don’t haves.

There will not be much celebrating done here today for my birthday. Everything is pretty much cancelled and closed as we’re having another winter storm. Thankfully it is the weekend and most people don’t have to go out.

We got quite a bit of snow overnight and our heaviest snow is supposed to be this morning and into the afternoon. Probably any celebrating will be done on a different day. If not, we’ll all be getting together next Saturday for our family Easter celebration so I’ll be able to see most of my babes then. Of course that is all weather related too so we’ll see…

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

The world is round and the place which may seem like the end may also be only the beginning.

Ivy Baker Priest

May your day be filled with blessings

As new as Spring

As fragrant as flowers

As full as your heart can hold.

MA

9:00 AM  UPDATE ON SNOW....I just finished clearing what looks like another 10 inces of snow off the back steps and patio...my next door SISTER is out with the snow blower in the drive way.  We did about 5 inches last night.  The snow is still coming down heavy.  I'll update this as the day goes along.  This is a MAJOR SNOW STORM.

3:00 PM   UPDATE ON SNOW... cleared another 5 or so inches from front porch and steps

4:00 PM   UPDATE ON SNOW...cleared another 5 or so from back steps and patio

5:15  PM   UPDATE ON SNOW...the wind has increased considerably and snow is blowing and drifting.  I have drifts at least 3 or 4 feet in the driveway and it is still snowing.

 

 

 

 

graphics by:

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!  I hope you have many, many more.
You are blessed to have your good health and a job that you enjoy.  I am sorry you are snowed in on your birthday..
Have a good weekend anyway.
Hugs, Cassie

Anonymous said...

Happy  Birthday!!!!!  Make it a special day...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!  Sorry it is so snowy where you are -- hopefully your Easter Celebration will be blessed with Spring weather.  We are having heavy rains here in Southern Maryland today and believe me I would rather have rain than snow any day.  Don't forget to turn your clock ahead.  Again, happy birthday.  Phyllis

Anonymous said...

That "forced" cozines should bring a good day for reading.  Enjoy!  Oh and
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Anonymous said...

A comfy cozy day of indoors is still a great birthday... and I'm sure your phone will ring with a few happy birthdays... :)
Happy Happy Birthday!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I am 4 months older than you. lol Happy Birthday and many more!! Many things money can not buy. Health is usually one of them. Oh wow! You have gotten a lot of snow. My friend is from Ohio and she said her car doors were frozen shut when she got off of work last night. She said they might get 24 inches of snow. Do you live in Ohio? In my prayers and God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Let's hope we are done with storms for this season.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

happy Birthday.... With all the snow I will bet this is one you will remember for a long tome. sure wish Spring would come soon
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday hope is was a very special day for you ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Avery Happy belated Birthday Pam ,and many of them ,Ihope you have a lovely day ...love Jan xx