Thursday, March 13, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 3, PAGE 13

Life is short, spring into action and live today’s beginning

God gave us these lives to learn in, to grow in, and to love in. Don’t rush through them. There is no place that you need to be except where you are right now. You were meant to experience life, to cherish life, and to enjoy life: not to hurry through life.

Your life is meant to be a journey of love and happiness not a race to some unseen finish line. Take your time and rejoice in every second that you are given here. Then when you look back on the life you have lived you will see a million moments of love and not a blur of wasted years.

Joseph J. Mazzella

GOOD MORNING !

I know that I'm far too often trying to accomplish as much as I can with the short time that I've been granted on this planet. I often feel that I should spend more time sitting at the table and just enjoying the fact of being, without putting any expectations or worries on myself.

But life intrudes, and bills must be paid and other people have expectations of me that must be fulfilled. Sometimes I just need to sit down and relax and wait for my heart and soul to slow down enough and open up enough to see and understand and accept what life is offering to me.

That is not an easy thing to do. I had the great joy of having a visit from my two sisters last evening. We sat at the table and chatted and drank our good coffee and laughed a lot. My youngest sister brought by some ice cream too ! I wouldn’t trade that for any of the other things I might have done. Wednesday evenings are very often laundry time for me, but that will wait for another day and I loved being together with my sisters for sure. It did my heart some good and probably my soul too.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

When one cannot be sure that there are many days left, each single day becomes as important as a year, and one does not waste an hour in wishing that the hours were longer, but simply fills it, like a smaller cup, as high as it will go without spilling over.

Natalie Kusz

May your day be filled with blessings

As new as Spring

As fragrant as flowers

As full as your heart can hold.

MA

 

graphics by:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really needed these thoughts this morning since my days are not to my liking just now!  thank YOU!

Anonymous said...

I hope your day is blessed to. Ok we made it over hump day at work. LOL. Is it Friday yet.

Anonymous said...

How lovely to just sit and chat with your dear Sisters no doubt talking about things that are special only to sisters who know all about them cos they share the same memorys ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

What a lovely evening to spend with your sisters! You are right....the other stuff can wait. We have to enjoy each day and the treasures it brings to us. To me...an evening with sisters would be better than just about anything!
Hugs..Pam

Anonymous said...

Sounded like a lovely visit...so happy for you!!  You are such positive person, so happy I know you!!
Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Running late again! :(  Glad you got to spend time with your sisters. I am an only child. I was wound like an 8 day clock today. Running behind all day. Some days are that way. lol God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

It must be wonderful to have sisters :-)

xxoo