Friday, March 7, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 3, PAGE 7

Life is short, spring into action

and live today’s beginning

 

Now seeds are just dimes to the man in the store

And the dimes are the things that he needs,

And I've been to buy them in seasons before

But have thought of them merely as seeds;

But it flashed through my mind as I took them this time,

"You purchased a miracle here for a dime."

Edgar Albert Guest

Always begin anew with the day, much as nature does; it is one of the sensible things that nature does.

George E. Woodberry

GOOD MORNING !

IT IS F R I D A Y ! A red letter day in my books for sure.

I made it through another long and very hard (weather wise) week! Nature sure is teaching us a lesson—perseverance must be the name of it.

Tomorrow is my 64th birthday. Here in the good old USA they say that the magic age of 65 is when we should retire…I’m not sure If I ever will…

I’m still thinking on that one for sure. Age is irrelevant as far as I’m concerned, the only thing that keeps me working is the ability to pay my bills and live on my own without being a burden to anyone else.

If I ever win the lottery – I’ll quite work that minute. My job is not fulfilling or anywhere near something I like to do…it is what it is…a job.

Another big snow storm is headed our way today…We’ll see how this one treats us… I hope you all have a great day! I know I will…Fridays are always wonderful days….

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Each day is a lifetime in miniature. To awaken each morning is to be born again, to fall asleep at night is to die to the day. In between waking and sleeping are the golden hours of the day. What we cannot do for a lifetime we can do for a daytime.

"Anyone," wrote Robert Louis Stevenson, "can live sweetly, patiently, lovingly, purely, till the sun goes down."

Anyone can hold their temper for a day and guard the words they speak. Anyone can carry their burden heroically for one day.

Anyone can strive to be happy for a day and to spread happiness around.

Anyone can radiate love for a day.

Anyone can rise above fear for a day and meet each new situation with courage.

Anyone can be kind and thoughtful and considerate for a day.

Anyone can endeavor to learn something new each day and mark some growth. . . .

The supreme art of living is to strive to live each day well. . . . Live a day at a time and remember that tomorrow is another today.

Wilferd A. Peterson

May your day be filled with blessings

As new as Spring

As fragrant as flowers

As full as your heart can hold.

MA

 

 

graphics by:

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, you know my mom is 70 and works full time and also sells real estate on the side. She never will retire. It has been cold here in IL. wish spring would show up already.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday wishes to you. Will you be having a party with any of your kids/grandkids? I certainly hear what you are saying about work and retirement. It is a job that pays the bills and little more. If I won a lottery I would be out of there in a second as well. Not enough good financial planning when I was younger, and who ever thought I would get this old this fast. I will be 62 this year. Guess we just have to make the most of it and take it for what it is --- a means of surviving and fostering independance. So sad, as my spirit is just not with it anymore. Again, happy birthday and all the best to you. Going to be an interesting year ahead of you.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday. Thank you for sharing your journal with me. Have a great day.
Love,
Kat

Anonymous said...

Will our winter end this year I wonder?  Its sunny here today but very very cold outside. Our weather man said he saw a group of 6 Robins yesterday so spring is coming but I sure do feel sorry for the birds this year
Sandra

Anonymous said...

With the wind chill this morning it was 1 degree!! BRRRR Picture is pretty. Bet you are happy it is Friday! I think alot of people think of their job.. as just a job. Wishing you a wonderful day and sure you are looking forward to the weekend. :-) Blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm still here at work and waiting for the first flake to fly so I can leave.  LOL.  Best get back from lunch...but I think most of our stuff is going to come tonight around 6:00 or later.  It's moving slow.  BE safe and warm.  And hold those spring thoughts close to your heart.  You will be camping before you know it.
Sonya

Anonymous said...

Oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!  Hope you have a wonderful birthday tomorrow....
I don't think any of us can afford to retire due to insurance and other costs.  I'll probably always work as long as I can move.
Sonya

Anonymous said...

Have a great weekend and hope you have a little something planned for your birthday!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Oh I know how you feel ,I wish you could aford to retire ,its fine when things go well but when you are challenged as you have been this week with the weather ,its when you start to think ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! I can say retirement is a wonderful thing. I should have tried it when I was 35.

xoxo