Friday, March 14, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 3, PAGE 14

Life is short, spring into action and live today’s beginning

Everything in the world we want to do or get done, we must do with and through people. Every dollar we will ever earn must come from people. The person we love, and with whom we want to spend the rest of our life, is a human being with whom we must interact.

Our children are individuals, each different from any other person who ever lived. And what affects them most is our attitude--the loving kindness they see and feel whenever we are around them. If you'll begin to develop and maintain an attitude that says yes to life and the world, you'll be astonished at the changes you'll see.

Earl Nightingale

Our lives are inextricably linked to other human beings, and we do have an effect on them. If a stranger greets us and we hurry by without acknowledging the greeting, we have a negative effect on that person, if only for a few moments. If we say hello and continue on our way, we've acknowledged that person's existence and had a positive effect. And what we give to the world of course comes back to us

GOOD MORNING !

I’m so thankful for my family and friends. It would be a terrible world without anyone around to share our lives with. I’ve found from experience that love does make the world go round and in order to love we need people for sure.

I went to the grocery store for a few things during my lunch time yesterday and there was a lady behind me that was from out of state. She was talking with a friend saying what a good visit she was having and found everyone so friendly and helpful.

Then she also made the comment that our store was in for a report from her as there were lots of people in the store and only two people on the cash registers and that made for a long wait. Well our little store made a bad impression on her and I’m sure someone will get an earful.

The thing is the store is always like that. There is always a wait in line. It’s not the only one to go to, but it is the one that always stocks what I need and so I continue to go there so I can get all my shopping done in one place. I felt badly for the irritated woman but what could I say except that it is always like that.

Our actions both on the personal level and the business level do affect a lot of different people. Maybe her report will bring about some improvements in our store…who knows.

Have a great FRIDAY everyone. Fridays are always good days.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Look steadily on the bright side of life. Cultivate the grace of a good hope. Imitate the fine optimism of those of whom it is said that they could see stars where their neighbors saw only an unbroken expanse of clouds.

George Hodges

May your day be filled with blessings

As new as Spring

As fragrant as flowers

As full as your heart can hold.

MA

PS  There was no adding images in my journal this morning...it just wouldn't work

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

aol is a little grumpy this morning.  I agree....there are always eyes upon us even when we don't know it!

Anonymous said...

I like the bit about our children being individuals ,but it is attitude that shapes them ,Hope your Friday goes well ,ready for the weekend ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about speaking up from people to get changes made in these stores.  We deal with the same issues, but nothing has changed and they keep saying it won't...so the wait continues.  Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Happy Friday!
Have a great weekend!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Pam

Anonymous said...

I hope your weekend was great!

xoxo