Friday, March 21, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 3, PAGE 21

Life is short, spring into action and live today’s beginning

 

Some luck lies in not getting what you thought you wanted

but getting what you have, which once you have got it

you may be smart enough to see is what you would

have wanted had you known.

Garrison Keillor

What we have is amazing--the trick is, though, in recognizing just how amazing it is. And once we realize that, it's important that we see just how fully the things we have meet our current needs

 

GOOD MORNING !

IT IS FINALLY F R I D A Y !

Lots of people have off work today as it a very solemn and holy day for Christains all over the world. But since one of my bosses retired and the other is on vacation, I am working. Holding the fort down they say. Someone has to be there .

A winter storm watch is once again in effect and I’m wondering just how I can be smart enough to see the good in this for sure. I know there is a reason for it and I should consider that the good Lord must have a better plan, but you know I’ve been praying for nicer weather and those prayers are going unanswered for sure.

Last night I went to our Holy Thursday services at church which is a celebration of the Last Supper and our Pastor humbly washed the feet of several of our parishioners. It was a beautiful service and I’m glad I got to go. Especially so, since I won’t be making it to church today.

I made it out to put some Easter flowers on my Mom and Dad’s graves after work yesterday and after work today I’ll try and make it to my DDH’s grave to do the same. It just seems so strange to be putting out Easter flowers with snow coming down.

Tomorrow I’m supposed to travel down to DS#1’s so I can celebrate with them. My DDIL #1 becomes a member of our Church at the Easter Vigil Service Saturday night. This is such a special time for them and you know me I always want to be in on the celebration.

The good Lord only knows if I’ll make it. The storm coming our way will be the deciding point. We’ll see…

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers

Remember when you're talkin' to the man upstairs

That just because he doesn't answer doesn't mean

he don't care

Some of Gods greatest gifts are unanswered prayers.

Pat Alger, Larry Bastain, Garth Brooks

May your day be filled with blessings

As new as Spring

As fragrant as flowers

As full as your heart can hold.

MA

 

 

graphics by:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope that you are able to make it.  We have terrific winds here and it is bitter.  God bless you and yours my dear friend.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

The service for your Daughter in law sounds wonderful .I hope you can make it ,stay warm and safe ...Easter blessings to you and yours dear Pam ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Happy easter to you and have a great weekend with the family.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter. I too am holding the fort down today but will get off a little early because of a doctor's appointment.
Love,
Kat

Anonymous said...

I Hope it stops snowing for you...
be safe if you have to be out in it.
A cold front is headed here Monday!
It is sunny and warm today:)
I am ready for spring, don't want any more cold weather.

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter! I hope you are able to go and enjoy your activities with your family.
Be safe...and stay warm!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Sure hope you get to make the trip. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

We got less snow than predicted - I hope you got less too! Have a Happy Easter!

xoxo