Monday, March 10, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 3, PAGE 10

Life is short, spring into action

and live today’s beginning

From quiet homes and first beginning,

Out to the undiscovered ends,

There's nothing worth the wear of winning,

But laughter and the love of friends.

Hillaire Belloc

Be willing to be a beginner every single morning.

Meister Eckhart

GOOD MORNING !

I had a good birthday weekend… although a few people said that I didn’t have to be so generous and share my birthday gift with so many. I don’t really think of that snow storm we had as a gift, but then again, maybe it was. We just never know the reasons why things happen. I firmly believe that everything is in the dear Lord’s plan.

Today will be the last of the quiet weeks at work. Our men are back to work this week and that means more of everything to do here in the office. They were all off work almost a month, hope they got plenty rested up because we have a lot of work ahead of us.

Everyone I work with or for is younger than me so mostly I feel like their grand’ma’. It’s up to me to get what they need when they need it, to keep the books in tact and do all the reports and things they need.

Being a one woman office reminds me a lot of what it was like to have a large family. Keeping them all organized was a job in its self for sure.

Here is a bit of encourging news for all of you -- Sunday afternoon as I sat at my computer I saw our robin. She comes every year and builds a nest in the wreath that is at the peak of our porch. Spring must be on the way.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

In the spring I have counted one hundred and thirty-six different kinds of weather inside of four and twenty hours.

Mark Twain

May your day be filled with blessings

As new as Spring

As fragrant as flowers

As full as your heart can hold.

MA

 

 

graphics by:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the robins are back here where I live also.  I looked out the window and there was about fifteen,  busily de-worming my back yard.  I had food in the feeder and a cardinal was delicately helping himself to it , but the the little redbreasts were working hard to get theirs.  Best sign of spring!   I can hardly wait.   Have a great day.   Pat

Anonymous said...

Your picturesof the snow are so pretty ,and the best place for snow is on pictures lol ,Yes I see your Robin ,I have been watching two ,in our garden ,,you sound as though work is about to get hectic ,I know what you mean about being everyones Grandma lol ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Spring? The only birds I have noticed so far are Canada geese and morning doves. I will have to pay better attenion. I saw some grackles or something, too. I am not very good at identifying birds. I sure do miss the cardinals and the blue birds, whatever they were, that lived in my old back yard. I have deer and coyote here, and geese, which I didn't have before. Always something new with a move!

BTW, I love seeing "good morning sunshine" in my mailbox! ST is now called "sunshine. It took me over a year to get a pet name for him :-)

xoxo

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!  I can't believe how much snow you have have I guess we are lucky, it's just cloudy here, hardly any sun.  We also have our Robin back, she is a busy one, tries to build her nest in about 10 different places, anyway a sign of Spring.:)  Joni

Anonymous said...

We saw a Robin.. or Gary showed it to me. We have not had many Robins? Thank you for sharing the pictures. Too funny where she put her nest. lol Glad you had a wonderful Birthday. Yes, I believe everything is in God's hands. He is in control. lol I like to watch the birds. We have Purple Martins come every year.  They send out a couple of scouts and then they go get the rest. All kinds of little babies flying around learning to fly. lol Wishing you a wonderful week.  God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I'm glad you saw the Robin. Gives you hope for Spring...that it in fact WILL eventually be here!
WOW a whole month off?? Why didn't you get a month off as well? So now you have to switch gears at work to high! Your days will fly now.
Hope you have a good night.
Hugs..Pam