Thursday, March 6, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 3, PAGE 6

Life is short, spring into action and live today’s beginning

You have choices to make every day.

One of those choices is to determine

what goes into your mind to help

to form the person who you are.

If you let in courage, compassion, love, hope, empathy,

peace, devotion, consideration and other such qualities,

just guess what's going to be coming out of you?

On the other hand, if you constantly fill your mind with hate,

anger, violence, murder, rape, revenge, torture, abuse,

prejudice and other such qualities,

guess what's going to be coming out of you?

You probably won't start acting like the characters

you see, but your perspective definitely will be

affected by what you've let into you.

unattributed

We can only live our moments, not our years, and our days are full of moments that are just waiting to be used well, in ways that are fulfilling and wonderful.

GOOD MORNING !

I’m getting very grouchy…

As a matter of fact it is a good thing that I was alone in my office yesterday morning until almost noon. It took me that long to calm down and accept the fact that it is still winter after all.

I had tried to clear the walkways, but to little avail before I’d left for work. They were covered with snow with a 4 inch base of frozen ice! I had tried to clear the huge mound of snow and frozen ice at the foot of the driveway…did the snow plow come along and leave that there overnight???

It was so dog gone heavy that I couldn’t move it. Well I decided to get in the car and put it in reverse to see if I got out of the driveway. That would be the deciding factor as to whether or not I was going in to work.

The roads were very hazardous and it looked to me like no snow plow had been down any of the streets. I made my own path as I drove. How then did that huge pile of frozen ice get in our drive???

On my way to work I always stop and pick up a breakfast sandwich at our local drive thru…well I couldn’t get in their parking lot as they were just starting to plow the snow out…so there went breakfast.

After I got to work I had to shovel out the entrance to door way there as a plow had done our parking lot, but left a nice 2 foot mound in front of the door. Oh yes, that was frozen too !

I’m always the first to be there by about an hour or two sometimes more as was the case yesterday… and to make matters worse…it was put the rubbish out day.

Well you know where those rubbish bins were…right… behind another 2 foot pile of frozen ice…I cannot tell you how frustrated I was.

You don’t very often hear a rant from me but you have today… Worse yet my car got stuck in the icy driveway when I got home .

I do hope today is a better day!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Sometimes our fate resembles a fruit tree in winter.

Who would think that those branches would

turn green again and blossom, but we hope it, we know it.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Life is short, spring into action and live today’s beginning

May your day be filled with blessings

As new as Spring

As fragrant as flowers

As full as your heart can hold.

MA

 

graphics by:

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Pam your rant was justified ,you had done a days work before you even began ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I think you were so brave to attempt to go to work.  If it happens again stay home it safer. Kathie.

Anonymous said...

Pam we are all allowed to have a rant now and again ~ and you certainly were justified in yours ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you still have snow and ice...seems winter just wants to linger for some.  Hope your weather clears soon and warmer temps come your way...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

There is another huge pile of snow on our way - up to 8 inches - I hope you avoid this one! I am so tired of snow too - it has to end some day, right?

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hope that today is better for you.
Love,
Kat

Anonymous said...

I say enough of this hard winter and lets get on with spring. Glad you made it home though and you must have gotten the car unstuck eventually. I bet you slept like a baby last night. take care
Sandra

Anonymous said...

Oh no! no fun at all.....
Sending warm hugs!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quote as usual. Oh my! I would have fallen on the ice! Glad you didn't! Keeping you in my prayers. God Bless, Janie