Wednesday, March 19, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 3, PAGE 19

Life is short, spring into action and live today’s beginning

The Wisdom of Flying Geese

1. In the Spring, when you see geese heading North for the Summer or South in the Fall, flying along in "V" formation, you might be interested in knowing what scientists have discovered about why they fly that way.

It has been learned that as each bird flaps its wings, it creates an uplift for the bird immediately following. By flying in "V" formation, the whole flock adds at least 71% greater flying range than if each bird flew on its own.

Basic Truth #1- People who share a common direction and sense of community can get where they are going quicker and easier because they are traveling on the thrust of one another.

2. Whenever a goose falls out of formation, it suddenly feels the drag and resistance of trying to go it alone and quickly gets back into formation to take advantage of the lifting power of the bird immediately in front.

Basic Truth #2- If we have as much sense as a goose, we will stay in formation with those who are heading in the same direction as we are.

3. When the lead goose gets tired, he rotates back in the wing and another goose flies point.

Basic Truth #3- It pays to take turns doing hard jobs, with people or with flying geese.

4. These geese honk from behind to encourage those up front to keep up their speed.

Basic Truth #4- We need to be careful what we say when we honk from behind.

5. Finally, when a goose gets sick, or is wounded by gunshot, and falls out, two geese fall out of formation and follow him down to help and protect him. They stay with him until he is either able to fly or until he is dead, and then they launch out on their own or with another formation until they catch up with their group.

Final Truth- If we have the sense of a goose, we will stand by each other, protect one another and sometimes make new friends who seem to be going in our direction.

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

Having a few good friends is so important. Living alone and having most of my family far away, I’ve found out just how valuable my friends are to me. I often wonder if I’d be the person I am without having their friendship. They’ve been with me through thick and thin and still continue to be my friends.

With the help of this journal I’ve made new friends too, several in the UK, some in Tennessee and Missouri, Florida, and North Carolina. There are even those I call friends out in California, Washington, Georgia, and Virginia. I’m sure I’ve missed a few as right now I just thought of Pennsylvania and how could I forget Michigan, Maryland and Wisconsin?

Anyway what I’m trying to say is that friends are valuable and needed and I thank you all for being my friends. The good Lord certainly knew what He was doing when He created friends and I’m very grateful.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

 You and I are closer than we ever imagined. We've probably never even seen each other, but we truly can be called brothers and sisters on a planet that is extremely small on a galactic or universal level. We have contact each day through a communications system that spans the entire globe very easily, and we share important things such as water, oxygen, light, and much, much more

More than ever we are aware of the ties that bind us as opposed to the things that keep us separate You are very valuable--just as the rest of us, you are a spirit who is spending time in a human body to learn some lessons that life here on this planet can teach you. You are just as valuable as anyone else, and you can spread the awareness of this value to others, who themselves can benefit from such knowledge.

From one of my morning meditations

May your day be filled with blessings

As new as Spring

As fragrant as flowers

As full as your heart can hold.

MA

 

 

graphics by:

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning....the wind so bad here - gusting to 45 --I thought I better get up and check the weather.  Storms are weaking, thank the Lord for that.  It's very volatile...anyway...just checking on my on line buddies this morning since I'm on vacation <not trying to rub it in- lol>...and have time to play this morning.  It's over the hump day....we got our contract last night!  Hope to get the word on the loan today.  Hubby says we might be in the new house by May.  Yikes.  I need boxes.  I'll post on all that later.  Scared the power will go out so I'll wait to post since the storm/rain is almost here.  Have a good day!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, friends do so much to brighten our lives.  Lovely sunny day here but they tell us Easter will be very cold and maybe even snow showers although not in this area as far as we know.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I would be so lost without my friends, but it seems that eventually someone rude finds me, LMAO!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Always your friend...hope I am the one in VA.  You are such a lovely person...have a great eveing...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Nice entry. Yes friends are wonderful. Wishing you a wonderful week. Sorry I am so late on comments. Still have many to comment on. :(  God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your friendship. I have enjoyed getting to know you and will continue to do so.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I am so blessed and proud  to call you my friend ,...that knocks a hole in the saying ''silly goose '' ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I'm very honored to call you friend!
Linda :)