Saturday, March 15, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 3, PAGE 15

Life is short, spring into action and live today’s beginning

There is an Island fantasy

A “Someday I'll,” we'll never see

When recession stops, inflation ceases

Our mortgage is paid, our pay increases

That someday I'll where problems end

Where every piece of mail is from a friend

Where the children are sweet and already grown

Where we all retire at forty-one

Playing backgammon in the island sun

Most unhappy people look to tomorrow

To erase this day's hardship and sorrow

They put happiness on “lay away”

And struggle through a blue today

But happiness cannot be sought

It can't be earned, it can't be bought

Life's most important revelation

Is that the journey means more than the destination

Happiness is where you are right now

Pushing a pencil or pushing a plow

Going to school or standing in line

Watching and waiting, or tasting the wine

If you live in the past you become senile

If you live in the future you’re on

Someday I'll The fear of results is procrastination

The joy of today is a celebration

You can save, you can slave, trudging mile after mile

But you'll never set foot on your

Someday I'll When you've paid all your dues and put in your time

Out of nowhere comes another Mt. Everest to climb

From this day forward make it your vow

Take Someday I'll and make it yours Now!

Author Unknown

GOOD MORNING !

Today is a special day for my family. We’re having our Family Easter get together today. Next Saturday I’ll be traveling down to DS#1’s house and I’ll be there for the real Easter.

Actually my DD is hosting our family get together at her house this year. The ‘babes’ have decided my place is getting to small for family doings so since they have larger houses they are splitting up the holidays and hosting the get togethers.

DS#5 and DD and their spouses live here in town the rest have a couple hour drive to get here. Just as I have a couple hour drive to visit any of them. DS#6 and his wife will be staying over night at my house, but the others DS#3 and family and DS#1 and family are traveling back home in the evening. They prefer not to stay over as they have little onesand they are more comfortable at home.

Still it is a lot of driving in one day. Thankfully there is no snow predicted this weekend so the roads should be ok for traveling. DS#4 and family and DS#2 and family are too far away to make it home as they live out of state.

I’m hoping that they’ll all be coming home Thanksgiving this year as I’ve a very special plan in the works for them. I’ll tell you more about that when the time gets closer. It has been almost 5 years since the entire family was home at one time so I’m looking forward to it.

I’ll be taking the camera along today so I should have plenty of pictures to share with you. Of course it all depends on whether or not AOL allows me to add pictures. We’ll see….

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Good old days start with good new days, like today.

Denise Settle

How often we hear, “in the good old days….” We hear of a simpler lifestyle, plain food and great neighbours. We hear about less money, more hardships but a greater satisfaction with life. We hear of more quality time and a better way of life.

Some if not all of these have been slowly eroded with time, affluence and materialism. We certainly need more of the spirit of the good old days. The past can never become the present but the spirit of the good old days begins with a good new day like today.

 It begins with the realization that it’s we ourselves who are always in control of quality time, whether it is with ourselves, family or friends

 Fr. James McSweeny

May your day be filled with blessings

As new as Spring

As fragrant as flowers

As full as your heart can hold.

MA

 

graphics by:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh ! have a lovely day with the family ,Yes I often look back to such happy times ,but at the time we were to busy living it to realise ,if you know what a mean ? and some day we will look back and remember these happy days too ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Have a lovely weekend ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter!
Enjoy your family day....
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a wonderful Easter celebration! I look forward to your pictures as always.
Hugs..Pam xoxox

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun time.
I love your bunny graphic.

Anonymous said...

Have several wonderful Easter celebrations!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Hope you all of a wonderful time... sure you will. :) Have a blessed week. Janie