Monday, March 24, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 3, PAGE 24

Life is short, spring into action and live today’s beginning

Always laugh when you can; it is cheap medicine. Merriment is a philosophy not well understood. It is the sunny side of existence.

Lord Byron

Many studies have shown that laughter actually improves our health; in fact, some people have recovered in amazing ways from serious illnesses by focusing on things that make them laugh, like their favorite comedies on television

GOOD MORNING !

After a weekend filled with smiles and laughter, it will be hard going back to my empty and very quiet office this morning. It is payroll day and that‘s always a good thing as I’ll be busy and that helps the time pass much quicker.

I think I wrote a little bit about laughter last week so I hope this isn’t all repetition, but I really do think I don’t do enough of it. Except for laughing at myself, there’s not a whole lot of anything going on in my daily routine to laugh about. I think it is one of the main reasons I enjoy the journal friends I have so much, because very often those entries bring a SMILE or two my way.

Whether it is hearing about someone’s family or their new home or their walk in the woods…it opens some doors that other wise would remain closed to me. Emails and pictures from my ‘babes’ also make my days a lot brighter and keep me in touch with what’s going on in their worlds. I guess I’m hooked on the internet for sure. It certainly helps me get through some pretty boring days.

We may get some more SNOW today…we’ll see….

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

When we begin to take our failures non-seriously, it means we are ceasing to be afraid of them. It is of immense importance to learn to laugh at ourselves.

Katherine Mansfield

May your day be filled with blessings

As new as Spring

As fragrant as flowers

As full as your heart can hold.

MA

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes Ispend alot of time on my own ,since Iretired ,so yes my interenet friends are very important to me too ,and often make me smile ,hope your day goes quickly and isnt too tireing ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Yes, I need a lot of laughter ......but really don't know where to get it.  The smiles this morning mad me feel better already.

Anonymous said...

Spring is indeed coming.... would you believe we have a yellow crocus in bloom next to our porch where the sun always shines.... Hope you see lots of signs of spring too
Sandra

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Maxine! I think we are expecting snow tomorrow. Will this never end? Will it snow in July, too?

xoxo

Anonymous said...

We have had snow but it hasn't settled and that has certainly made me smile.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

It's still cold here too.  Where did Spring go?????

Hollie

Anonymous said...

I truly believe laughter makes you live longer.  Cool here...with sunshine...hope you have a beautiful week...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

I love to laugh and do it often. I hope your Monday goes good for you. I'm off of work this week so can sleep in a little.

Anonymous said...

Not more snow!!
we're supposed to get rain but I don't believe them so I filled the birdfeeders to the top, lol....
Hope you have a few giggles this week...
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Yes, I bet it was hard to go back to work. Sometimes I think of things that happened even years ago and I will laugh. I talk to myself when a lone too. lol Oh My! more snow.. I think you have had enough! :-(  lol God Bless, Janie