Thursday, March 20, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 3, PAGE 20 -FIRST DAY OF SPRING

Life is short, spring into action and live today’s beginning

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.

It is our Light, not our Darkness, that most frightens us.

We ask ourselves, who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous,

talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you NOT to be?

You are a child of God.

Your playing small does not serve the world.

There is nothing enlightening about shrinking

so that other people won't feel unsure around you.

We were born to make manifest the glory of God

that is within us. It is not just in some of us;

it is in everyone. As we let our own Light shine,

 we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.

As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence

automatically liberates others.

Marianne Williamson

This can be one of the hardest ideas in the world to accept and to live. I am a light of the world. The light that is within me can shine to help others to find their own light. Wow.

GOOD MORNING !

My light is not shining so brightly at this early hour of the day. But I’m here making my morning entry and hoping to cheer you on your way today.

I’ve never been very good at a lot of things, but I’ve been a great cheer leader… Over the years I’ve cheered my ‘babes’ on their way as they sometimes struggled through the many trials of growing up. I’ve even had a few trials of my own that I had to persist in cheering my self on.

Sometimes a few words of encouragement mean a lot to someone. So if you are having a difficult day or the weary winter days we are having is getting to you, let me remind you to smile today and let your light shine!

Just smiling can change our attitude and make us feel a whole lot better. I look in the mirror and often give myself a good laugh. Oh yes, the sight is very funny for sure.

I’m off to work once more…

I owe I owe,

It’s off to work I go…

THOUGHT FOR TODAY !

I have witnessed the softening of the hardest of hearts by a simple smile.

Goldie Hawn

May your day be filled with blessings

As new as Spring

As fragrant as flowers

As full as your heart can hold.

MA

 

 

graphics by:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Early mornings - I feel your pain!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

You are so right about the smile. It's an amazing thing!
Pam

Anonymous said...

Isn't it lovely how one smile can be catching ~  May your day be filled with happiness ~ Ally x

Anonymous said...

Just to have some say thankyou ,or well done ,gives such a boost to out self esteem ,I would say it often to my residents,and it was amazing the difference it made ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Being an encourager is probably one of the greatest gifts.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

Yes, smiling does make a difference. :-) A smile is so easy... the only thing you move is  your mouth. lol Hope you had a good day. Blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

Happy Spring!
Linda :)