Monday, March 17, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 3, PAGE 17

Life is short, spring into action and live today’s beginning

A few Irish Blessings, Sayings And Toasts for you to enjoy today

May the saddest day of your future be no worse than the happiest day of your past.

May the roof above us never fall in and may the friends gathered below it never fall out.

Bless your little Irish heart and every other Irish part.

May your hand be always stretched out in friendship and never in want.

A new broom sweeps clean, but an old one knows the corners.

An inch is a lot on a nose.

GOOD MORNING !

We had another very fast weekend and of course the high light was our family get together. The week ahead looks to be a pretty good one.

All will be pretty quiet at work because my boss is on vacation. He and his family went to visit my now ‘retired’ boss down in the very sunny south. It was in the 80’s there last week.

A good number of our men are now back to work and I will have a payroll to do today. With work resuming all of my work increases . Maybe now I can finally leave those old files behind until another slow period. I do not like that job, but at least I had something to do.

I put some green on this morning in the spirit of the holiday, but I won’t be celebrating much. Itwill be work as usual for me.

I owe, I owe,

It’s off to work I go

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Remember the Three Bones

Source Unknown

An Irish father was seeing his son off on a steamship where the lad was going to a new land with the intention of seeking his fortune in a new way of life.

"Now, Michael, my boy," said the father as they parted, "remember the three bones, and ye’ll always get along all right."

A stranger standing nearby overheard the remark, and when the ship was underway, he asked the old gentleman what the three bones he referred to in his parting advice to his son.

"Sure, now," responded the old Irishman, "and wouldn’t it be the wishbone and the jawbone and the backbone?

It’s the wishbone that keeps you going after things, and it’s the jawbone that helps you find out how to go after them if you are not too proud to ask a question when there’s something you don’t know, and it’s the backbone that keeps you at it until you get there

For each petal on the shamrock

This brings a wish your way-

Good health, good luck, and happiness

For today and every day.

MA

 

 

graphics by:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a lovely entry to day Pam ,I couldnt comment until after Maurice had finished reading it too ,as you know he is Irish ,and loved it too ....love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Happy things are going well...and have a wonderful day!!!
Hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Great entry.  Made me smile.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/lattedah711/lattedah/    Tracy

Anonymous said...

that was so good!
Thanks, Cass

Anonymous said...

Monday morning payroll....I did that for YEARS.  They put payroll in accounting and I am so glad...b/c it was hard to do what was expected in HR and do payroll too.  Seems the payroll related activities sometimes would take about 1/2 the week by the time you did maintenance on time system, separate checks and all that....We still have issues it seems though, on who does what b/w payroll and HR.  LOL  Anyway, hope you enjoy the week while the boss is off....course you probably have more to do.

Anonymous said...

I hope your St Pat's day was great!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

wonderful pix in the last entry. Glad you won't have to clean out all those files for a while. God Bless, Janie