Tuesday, January 1, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 1, PAGE 1

The Angel of January teaches us to look within, to take stock of ourselves and our lives.

The January angel keeps us company as we ponder over those long, cold winter nights, helping us to be honest with ourselves and patient at the same time.

Conveying the wisdom of an elder, the January angel takes our hand as we seek to glean understanding from our lessons of the past year.

With this support we can give ourselves both recognition and admonition in their turn. With this help, we can chart a new course or alter our present one.

We seek and receive the companionship of the January angel to warm us through the winter of our introspection.

 

The book is closed, The year is done,

The pages full Of tasks begun.

A little joy, A little care,

Along with dreams, Are written there.

This new day brings Another year,

Renewing hope, Dispelling fear.

And we may find Before the end,

A deep content, Another friend.

By Arch Ward

We will open the book. Its pages are blank.

We are going to put words on them ourselves.

The book is called Opportunity and

its first chapter is New Year's Day.

Edith Lovejoy Pierce

GOOD MORNING !

Each New Year we make new resolutions, maybe sing "Auld Lang Syne" and generally wish everyone a happy New Year. But do you know why there are parties early into the minutes of the New Year?

Traditionally, people believed that their coming year would be affected by what they do or eat on the first of that year. So, people held parties to be in the company of friends and families.

So today I’m doing what I hope will be effective in my life this year. The first thing I’ll be doing is going to church then later today I’ll be having some of my family over for dinner.

My faith and my family are two of the most important things in my life for sure.

As I was looking over lots of NEW YEAR information 2 words seemed to stand out from the rest – Lessons and Understanding. So for the coming month of January that is what I will try to focus on.

Understanding the lessons we’ve been taught may help us not to make them again. One thing I know is that for the most part, I’ll not forget them. I’ll be putting the past where it belongs, but holding on to the lessons learned.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Recipe for New Year's Punch

Take yourself; peel off layers of egotism and self-pity;

Cut out seeds of unkind thoughts and unhappy emotions.

Remove all prejudices and worries.

To this add one firm belief that life's worth living.

Mix well with one practical idea that you are somebody.

Season with a sense of humor and optimism.

Sweeten with love.

Then add one strong determination to live at your highest

every hour of the day, come what may.

Let effervesce for 365 days.

Garnish with smiles and pleasant words.

Serve with gentleness and courage.

 Note the effect.

Happy New Year

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

 

MA 

 

 

graphics by:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could get to church but it cannot be. I will pray here. We also cannot have family over, not possible, they are getting ready to leave for London tomorrow with Daniel.  So it will just be Mike and myself.  So however, important it might be to set the tone for the year, this day will be much like any other for us.

Anonymous said...

Thankyou for your kind words Pam.I was just reading your post when they came through.great minds think alike Pam so they say .I am going to take little steps forward with every bit of advise I read here and there.I wish everyone could be as kind as you and I am so happy,I have made the decision to stay.It was a very hard one but I am looking forward and hoping to collect a few smiles along the way and a little sunshine to warm my heart.Have a very Blessed New years day and once again Thankyou from the bottom of my heart.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

yes that is a good lessons of understanding. I see the BOOK 08 brand new start it seems

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a very good New Year's Day!
Pam

Anonymous said...

I loved your entry.  Happy New Year.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a great 2008.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!!
The Angel of January... I like that!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

It seems no time at all ,since I read chapter one, page one, on your journal last year ,I hope the coming year is a good one for you and your Family dear Pam ...love Jan xx