Monday, January 14, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 1, PAGE 14

Wishes

I wish for those I love this New Year

an opportunity to earn sufficient,

to have that which they need for their own

and to give that which they desire to others,

to bring in to the lives of those

about them some measure of joy,

to know the satisfaction of work well done,

of recreation earned and therefore savored,

to end the year a little wiser,

a little kinder and therefore a little happier.

Eleanor Roosevelt.

GOOD MORNING !

I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go.

After church yesterday, DD and I went shopping so that we could spend the gift cards we’d gotten for Christmas. DD was very good and only spent what money she had in gift cards, she even had money left over on one of the cards, so she can still do more shopping!

I on the other hand, spent my gift card and then some. They were having some terrific sales and I just couldn’t resist. If I ever quit working I won’t be able to do that, so if I want the extras,

I guess I’d better hope that I can work for a few more years. Please do not think I’m in debt, I am not. But if I didn’t work, the only time I’d be splurging on a sale would probably be for a necessity, not a luxury.

I guess you could say that is my ‘satisfaction’ for a job well done. My ‘little place in the woods’ this year will be my ‘recreation’ earned and therefore savored.

I hope your Monday is off to a good start. Mine is for sure…I got up and I’m off to work once more…that in its self is worth celebrating.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Today I will delete from my diary two days: yesterday and tomorrow...

Yesterday was to learn and tomorrow will be the consequence of what I can do today.

Today I will face life with the conviction that this day will not ever return.

Today is the last opportunity I have to live intensely, as no one can assure me that I will see tomorrow's sunrise.

Today I will be brave enough not to let any opportunity pass me by, my only alternative is to succeed.

Today I will invest my most valuable resource:my time, in the most transcendental work: my life.

Today I will spend each minute passionately to make of today a different and unique day in my life.

Today I will defy every obstacle that appears on my way, trusting that I will succeed.

Today I will resist pessimism and will conquer the world with a smile, with the positive attitude of expecting always the best.

Today I will make of every ordinary task a sublime expression.

Today I will have my feet on the ground, understanding reality and the stars' gaze to invent my future.

Today I will take the time to be happy and will leave my footprints and my presence in the hearts of others.

Today, I invite you to begin a new season where we can dream that everything we undertake is possible and we fulfill it, with joy and dignity.

Author Unknown

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

 

graphics by:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked what you had to say to me in this entry.
Hope you have a good week.
Pam

Anonymous said...

I am so pleased you enjoyed your retail therapy trip with your dear Daughter ,I too 'stocked' up before I retired knowing I wouldnt have so many little extras when I wasnt earning my own money any more ,Have a good week ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

What a great way to look at working.  An opportunity you have the extra things!  Linda

Anonymous said...

Sounded like a good day shopping...and also it is nice to read about someone who is not in debt...how wonderful.  Enjoy your week...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you & DD had a wonderful time together.  You deserve whatever you got.  Have a good evening.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your shopping while you can.
Jenny <><