Thursday, January 3, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 1, PAGE 3

THINGS TO DO THIS YEAR

Author Unknown

 

Smile more!

Listen more intently.

Watch a child discover something new.

Do something totally silly once in a while!

Take responsibility for all your actions.

Make room for new friends.

Be free with compliments.

Encourage someone every day.

Tell people you love that you love them.

Read for fifteen minutes a day.

Call old friends and catch up on their lives.

Have a cookout in the middle of winter.

Be less critical of others.

Volunteer for a good cause.

Don't look for someone else to blame when you are unhappy.

Learn from your everyday failures.

Pray more and worry less!

Be quick to forgive others and learn to forgive yourself.

Whatever you do, give it your best shot!

Don't gossip.

Accept help when it's offered.

Bury your prejudices.

Accept yourself for who you are.

Treat yourself to something expensive or fattening occasionally!

Learn a new dance.

Be generous not only with money but with time.

Challenge your body and your brain.

Look at the big picture and don't sweat the small stuff!

Watch the sunset and realize that just as no two sunsets are alike so are you a unique and beautiful creation!

Live your life this year in a way you can look back on it fondly and without regrets

and make this the BEST YEAR EVER!

 

 

You must learn day by day, year by year, to broaden your horizon. The more things you love, the more you are interested in, the more you enjoy, the more you are indignant about -- the more you have left when anything happens.

Ethel Barrymore, American Actress

GOOD MORNING !

BrrrChill !

It is so very cold here today! 3 degrees as I am making this entry this morning.  Winter is here to stay in NorthernOhio for sure!

By 8:30 last evening I gave up the ship and went to bed. I was so sleepy I couldn’t stay away any longer. I usually manage to make it til 9:00 before going up those stairs to bed, but not last night.

The dark evenings and the cold weather make it very easy to do so. In the summertime it would be still daylight at that time of day and I’d be sitting out on the patio watching the hummers play.

I heard someone on the radio say that their wish for the New Year was to fall in love. Not necessarily with a person but with something. It’s so true if we love to do something, it gives us pleasure in the doing.

I’ve had many things in the past that I’ve been passionate about and maybe that’s what is needed again for these winter months ahead. I have many things to do that I’m not in love with, things that need done, but that I would rather not do.

I’ll have to be on the lookout for something I’ll love doing these cold winter evenings. This morning though, like it or not…

I owe, I owe…its off to work I go.

Thought for Today

 

What will you do

With this year that’s so new?

The choice is yours—

God leaves that to you!

Helen Steiner Rice

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

graphics by:

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

yes its a cold cold winter for sure already 08 came in like alion I tell ya. BRRRR chill we were at 7 yesterday morningwith snow. but they say sities by monday what the heck lol

Anonymous said...

boy that is cold!  I know how you feel.  The next 3 months seems kind of bleak for some reason to me.
We need something to perk us up.

Anonymous said...

i HAVN'T FELT AS COLD FOR A LONG LONG TIME.MY HEATING IS ON FULL AND EXTRA HEATERS TOO.MY BILLS WILL BE A FORTUNE THIS QUARTER BUT AS LONG AS I CAN KEEP WARM THATS THE MAIN THING.IT IS BITTER HERE AND BEEN TRYING TO SNOW ALL DAY LONG.THE WIND IS VERY VERY STRONG INDEED.MY NEW IS TRYING O BE A BETTER PERSON STILL THAN LAST YEAR,IN EVERY ASPECT.TO PRAY MORE PRAY HARDER AND TO FEEL HEALTHIER.TO TRY TO MAKE PEOPLE LAUGH OR SMILE TOO.IT'S THE BEST TONIC OF MY DAY EVER.I HOPE YOU ARE NOT FEELING  AS LATHERGIC THIS EVENING WHEN YOU GET HOME.APART FROM BEING TIRED,HE REASON WE HAVE EARLY NIGHTS, SOMETIMES BED IS THE ONLY PLACE WE CAN FEEL WARM.BRRRRRR IT IS BITTER.TAKE CARE GOD BLESS SAFE JOURNEYS.KATH .Oh dear I will forget those blocks Grrrr.astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Wishing you a wonderful day. The new year is year. Blessings, Janie

Anonymous said...

It is extreamly cold here today too.  I love all the things to do.  I think I might have to write some of them down and make sure I do them.  Linda

Anonymous said...

OH MY, I thought 12 was cold.  It's so hard for me to stay awake past 8:30 too.  I like what you said about falling in love....that's so true.  I guess I've just never thought about it in that way.  My MIL puts puzzles together all winter.  it seems to keep her busy.  I hope you find something you love to keep you busy this winter.
Keep warm.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

I really liked your list of "Things to do This Year" and it was fun to read. I should have that posted on my wall!
Did you say it was 3°??? THREE??? That's so cold it HURTS!! It's going to be down into the 50's tonight and I'm complaining! LOL!
Stay warm and safe in that cold wintry weather.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Very brrrrrrr... a few alerts back I saw someone had -1 degrees.... with our rain coming, the cloud coverage is keeping us toasty in the 50's...
something to love, some inspiration perhaps, to get us through the gloomy days of winter.... but wait that is why I visit Good Morning Sunshine!, lol.....
Have a great weekend!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Now that is cold ,Yes we should find someting nice to do as well as something we are not keen on ,lol ...love Jan xx