Friday, January 18, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 1, PAGE 18

A sympathetic friend leaned close to a disabled woman and whispered, 'Affliction does so color life, doesn't it?'

'Yes', the handicapped woman replied, 'but thank God I can choose the color.'

We may not always be able to escape the raw realities of life as they confront us but with God's help we can shape them. Faith doesn't immunize us from difficulty. But it does radically alter our attitude towards our difficulties.

From A Canopy of Stars: Some Reflections for the Journey by Fr Christopher Gleeson SJ

GOOD MORNING !

It is FINALLY FRIDAY !

It seems that while we had a relatively mild day yesterday here in Northern Ohio, many of our Southern folks got snow ! Some were even happy to see it ! And some out on the west coast want it !

I mention this as it seems to go with the little story above… My affliction, so to speak , is the WINTER BLAHS. It isn’t half way over and I’m tired of being cold and weighted down with layers of clothes to keep warm. I’m tired of high heating bills and of most anything to do with winter already.

Maybe I need to rethink this thing. We cannot escape the realities of life and I’d better alter my attitude towards my difficulty.

In my scripture studies this week I read about how we are told YOU ARE THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD.! We were not told we should be or we could be, but that we ARE!

So may I ask your forgiveness for being a downer about winter, and may I celebrate the day whatever it may bring, and may my attitude SHINE like the light it is supposed to be.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

We can sometimes love what we do not understand, but it is impossible completely to understand what we do not love.

Anna Jameson

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES

and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

 

MA

 

graphics by: www.untilthengraphics.com

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want snow, lol... however I'm sure there is ice on the car windows waiting for me to scrape off....
Yay! It's Friday!!
Have a great day!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Have a good Friday and enjoy your weekend.
Pam

Anonymous said...

It's so nice to read your journal again.  Seems like a lot of us in JLand are kind of in the winter blahs.  Snow does brighten everything up for a day or two.  Hope you have a nice weekend off.  Joni

Anonymous said...

You are forgiven it's not very often we here this from you Pam.I do not like snow at all and I too am realy fed up of the large heating bills .My latest was enormous.I have to be warm or nothing works LOL!!I am having problems with AOL right now too and my connection. Apparently they are changing it for everyone shortly and I havn't been able to sign in for the last few days.What a nighmare it has been.It still isn't right, but live help have cut me off twice and ringing is just a no go I cannot get anyone to answer the lines are all engaged.So please note in case I do not get to you over the weekend,you will know why.I hope you get a little sunshine over the weekend and you certainly had a smile like me today at those beautiful Grandbabes.Priceless.Thankyou for sharing the picturesTake Care God Bless Kath astoriasand.http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Well it's such a treat for us here in NW Georgia to get snow.  We have a chance again tomorrow....so yes I'm hoping we get a good bit.  But I understand that you would be tired of it where you live.  I think it's so beautiful to watch it snow.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

I am not a winter person either. lol Thank the Lord we have not had another ice storm for a while. lol Have a wonderful weekend. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

I am afraid I prefer summer too ,but really enjoyed the snow in the lovely pictures of your dear little Grandchilren ,thankyou ..love Jan xx