Monday, January 21, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 1, PAGE 21

Find joy in doing nothing and you can find it in everything. Experience happiness without a reason and you can create happiness for any reason. Realize that happiness is not the result of good things, but is indeed the cause of good things.

There is nothing you need in order to be happy other than the choice to be. Imagine living this day filled with joy, happiness and positive purpose. Imagine it, then take one more step and actually do it. Let go of any concern you may have for what does or does not come your way.

Focus instead on the good and valuable things that you can give, create, inspire and choose to experience. Don't allow the world to pull you down with its negativity. Choose to transform the world around you with your own positive outlook.

Real joy is always a choice you can make. Live with joy, let happiness flow out from you, and life becomes more radiant with each passing moment.

Ralph Marston

GOOD MORNING !

Here we are Monday and BACK TO WORK once more.

What a fast weekend. I got very little accomplished, but I did get some much needed rest so I should be all refreshed and renewed for the week ahead.

Many people have today off as it is Martin Luther King Day , but I do have to go. The banks are closed and the mail won’t run. That means a quiet day at work. Most of my days are quiet ones as far as real noise is concerned.

I’m in an office of one…that’s me. My chief boss retired and his son-in-law is now my one and only boss and he is out of the office on business related duties a good bit of the time. They know I’ll be there to hold the fort down and do my work without supervision.

It is quite different from most companies as the work is done in the field and the only time I see other employees is when they turn in time for payroll or when they pick up paychecks.

I’ve worked other jobs with lots of people in the office and I guess I do appreciate the quiet.

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

The aim of life is appreciation; there is no sense in not appreciating things; and there is no sense in having more of them if you have less appreciation of them.

G. K. Chesterton

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

graphics by:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes the weekends do go so quickly Pam.I used to work alone in an office and also with many more people at times.I guess I like the quiet one best.I like to do my own thing and my own routine and organising.I think today there is too much backstabbing when you work with lots of people, so it is much better to have peace and be alone.Talking of peace the plasterer has just arrived LOL!! I will look to a good day, as in your posting and try not to think negative unless something hits my window pain again LOL!!At last I am online lets hope for now it is sorted until my new disc arrives.Praise be to God.I am sorry I havn't been able to visit you this weekend.I did a few comments yetsreday,then down it went again Grrr Whoops sorry I have got to look on the bright side of life.I hope you have the perfect day and gather a few smiles from somewhere and a little sunshine too to warm your heart Ran Rain Rain again here in my home town.Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

It is amazing to me how every morning you make an entry. lol :-)  I bet you are a lot more organized than I am. Yes, it took me a long time to realize that the negative thoughts that run through my mind can either make it a good day or bad day. I can see the good side and the bad side of your job but think I personally would like the quiet time. :-)  God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

My weekend flew  by too, not even sure what i did,  but church was good though.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

I needed to read this entry today about happiness.  I guess I'm going through the blues.  I'm ready for Spring now.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

I would prefer to work in an office only in chanrge of myself over the other choice.  You are very lucky.  Love the words of Happiness.  :)
http://journals.aol.com/lattedah711/lattedah/    Tracy

Anonymous said...

Have a nice quiet week!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I think you have to be an all round sort of person ,to be in your own company all the time ,I am sure they value you... love Jan xx