Saturday, January 5, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 1, PAGE 5

 

I've learned that you cannot make someone love you.

All you can do is be someone who can be loved.

The rest is up to them.

 

I've learned that no matter how much I care,

some people just don't care back.

 

I've learned that it takes years to build up trust,

and only seconds to destroy it.

 

I've learned that it's not what you have in your life

but who you have in your life that counts

 

I've learned that you can do something in an instant

that will give you heartache for life.

 

I've learned that it's taking me a long time to become

the person I want to be.

 

I've learned that you should always leave loved ones

with loving words.

It may be the last time you see them.

 

I've learned that you can keep going long after

you think you can't.

 

I've learned that we are responsible for what we do,

no matter how we feel.

 

I've learned that either you control your attitude

or it controls you.

 

I've learned that learning to forgive takes practice.

 

I've learned that there are people who love you dearly,

but just don't know how to show it.

 

I've learned that just because someone doesn't love you

the way you want them to doesn't mean they don't love you

with all they have.

 

I've learned that it isn't always enough to be forgiven

by others. Sometimes you have to learn to forgive yourself

 

I've learned that no matter how bad your heart is broken

the world doesn't stop for your grief.

 

GOOD MORNING !

I slept in this morning and it really felt good too. After walking around the RV show and going in and out of 100’s of campers I guess I needed the extra rest.

We had lots of fun looking, but did no buying. DD and her hubby still have more looking to do. I got some much needed exercise anyway.

This weekend looks like a pretty quiet one so I should be able to get lots done around the house. There is certainly lots to do here.

THOUGHT FOR TOAY

We must expect to fail...

but fail in a learning posture,

determined not to repeat the mistakes,

and to maximize the benefits

from what is learned in the process.

Ted W. Engstrom

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

 

MA

 

 

 

 

graphics by:   www.untilthengraphics.com

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well do not make it all work, get some relaxation as well.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

I love looking at RV's I really do. always makes me want a new one. lol but mine is just fine its only six years old adn it has what we need iwhs you had some pics I just love looking and our rv show is not till march and our home garden show later I think

Anonymous said...

It certainly does feel good to have a good nights sleep and a long lie in after a hard day.I am happy you enjoyed the RV show, even though yes it is very hard work walking around looking at these campers.We are not as young as we used to be LOL!!.There is much time still for choosing another yet.It always comes to those who wait so they say.I too have much to do this weekend also,Taking away all the Christmas things tomorrow the 6th and the home back to the bare look once more...........I am thinking to have a little spending spree and maybe fill these empty spaces which will appear, with something new LOL!! Enjoy if you decide to relax,if not don't work too hard.You do that all week for someone else.I hope you get a few smiles yourself this week/end and a little sunshine too.We have had sunshine today,it has been just the opposite and so mild and it has been wonderful.It realy perks me up .Have a blessed Sunday.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed I have learned. It is very true. Glad you had fun looking at RV's and got the extra rest. Have a great day.
Love,
Kat

Anonymous said...

I bet you were tired after all the looking.  I'm glad that you got your much needed rest.  I enjoyed reading the ....I've learned.  It is so true!!!  Some of the things I've never thought about.  Like.....the one about....because someone doesn't love you the way you want them....doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.  Hmmmmm....just never thought of it in that way.  It makes perfect sense though!!  See that's the reason I enjoyed reading your journal.  You make me see things that I've never seen or thought about before.  THANKS!!!!

Hollie

Anonymous said...

VERY TRUE

Anonymous said...

I can imagine what fun it was looking round allllll those campers ,oh your poor feet and after a day at work too ,Have a nice rest today ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I imagine there are some GORGEOUS RV's out there.  I'd want one of those big self-contained ones!!  That is if I didn't have to drive it!  :)  Hope you're having a great weekend.  Blessings, Linda  

Anonymous said...

That graphic is too cute!
Have a relaxing day!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

Very nice quotes and so true. Our company left late so we missed church. I think our day is going to be kind of lazy for I am very tired. lol God Bless, Janie