Wednesday, January 16, 2008

BOOK O8, CHAPTER 1, PAGE 16

If the sky above seems cloudy,

And you are left out in the rain,

If you are searching for a rainbow,

But the colors bring you pain,

If your world is not revolving,

And there is no end in sight,

If you are looking for the sunshine,

But all you see is night,

If all around are smiling,

But all you can do is frown,

If you are tired of all this living,

When life just brings you down,

 

Then look beyond your teardrops,

At the wonders of this land,

The beauty of a flower,

Like velvet in your hand.

Feel the air around you,

The smell of new mown hay,

Laughing children in the park,

The innocence there at play,

Imagine floating with a butterfly,

As she flutters between the trees,

Or the whispers of the ocean,

On warm hot summer's breeze,

Think of the taste of candy floss,

As it melts upon your tongue,

Or the melody of morning birds,

As they greet each day with song,

 

Remember words of beauty,

Told in your mother's embrace,

Feel the gentleness of her touch,

As she softly kissed your face,

Seek the good within you,

Cast the clouds from your sky,

Don't look toward the pavement,

But hold your head up high,

Think not what life owes you,

But of all you have to give,

Forget about tomorrow,

Then you can start to live

So Bless this age your are living in,

With the gifts you can bestow,

Don't disregard the stream of life,

Go gently with the flow.

Author unknown

Nothing in life is to be feared. It is only to be understood.

Marie Curie

GOOD MORNING!

So many things keep changing in our world that sometimes it is very hard to keep up with what is ok and what’s not ok to say, to do or to even wear. I don’t think I’ve changed much, but when I look back maybe I have and maybe it’s all for the good too.

Some of things I’ve held on to that may never change like my faith and my love of God and family I hope only increase if anything else.

As snow and very cold weather sets in here, I’m doing a lot of dreaming of butterflies and warmer days. I‘ve got lots to do so this winter though so that my summer weekends will be free to go and enjoy the camping , so before I know it those days will be here.

Today is WEDNESDAY and Over the Hump Day and now we only have 2 more days until the weekend. DS#6 turns 28 this weekend and I’m supposed to be going to visit him for his celebration, but it will all depend on the weather for sure.

He and his wife don’t live in our hometown, but about 2 hours away. It seems at least 3 of my children are at least 2 hours from home and the two are many more hours away.

2 hours each way coming and going is a lot of driving for me when I’m on my own. The other two that live here have other plans and I’m not able to go with them like I often do. We’ll just wait and see how the weather is.

Thought for Today

To increase your understanding, you must challenge and question what you think you know. Your perspective gains much value when you consider it from the viewpoint of another perspective.

Ralph Marston

 

 

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES

and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

graphics by: www.moonandbackgraphics.com

 

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful words again Pam ,I hope the weather is good so you can go and celebrate your sons Birthday ,who I wish many many Happy returns of the day ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

You and I are up early today.  I just wish you knew how your words and wisdom warms my heart.   Good day to you and God bless.      

Anonymous said...

Happy Hump day to you. I love the poem above.

Anonymous said...

this feels like a monday to me since I was sick on monday and tuesday!  At least the week will go by quickly.  Hope you get to visit you son this weekend!  Linda

Anonymous said...

I was surfing along through J-land and stumbled on your jounal just now.  That poem was beautiful and something I so desperately needed to read this morning.  Thank you so much for posting it.  

Mona

Anonymous said...

2 hours one way is a lot for me too! I hope you get to see your son.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Once more the words lift me in your posting Pam.I hope the weather is good for the weekend and hope you  have the energy to go see Dear Son for his birthday celebration."Happy Birthday Dears Son 6" and many more to come.It is a long journey and I feel it when I travel so far nowadays.It takes it out of us so so much.More so I should say if you are the driver.I am only the passenger in this case.I hope you have had a pleasant day today and had a few smiles along the way and a little sunshine to warm your heart.If not think of that sunshine when you go camping,it won't be long now .Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Great entry as usual. Wishing you a wonderful week. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

I hope everything works out for you.  We are getting snow here today.  It's a treat for us since we don't get much snow here.

Hollie