Thursday, January 17, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 1, PAGE 17

To touch the heart of someone dear

though it might sometimes cause a tear

to fall or rest upon the cheek

'Tis something we all should seek.

 

For often hearts not touched at all,

start hardening and shrinking small.

And then the time it takes to grow

A loving heart again - is very slow.

 

For hearts expand as those who care

extend their love and 

let us share a moment,

space or special phrase,

that eases pain on dreary days.

 

Or simply starts our lips to smile,

and brightens time for just a while.

The ways and kinds and means of sharing,

it seems to me - are based on caring.

 

And though we're often worlds apart,

You still can touch my tender heart.

You can make me smile or shed a tear,

And I'll remember you year after year.

 

YOU "touched" my heart and helped me grow.

Friend, I just thought I'd tell you so.

Author Unknown, but greatly expressed by me

Your heart is a powerful listening tool to capture the subtle nuances of tone of voice, body language and choice of words. All too often people listen on the surface with their egos—hearing the words, but failing to notice the subtle nuances—as they patiently wait for their turn to speak.

Too often we are preoccupied by what we want to say or by projecting our hopes or fears onto the other person’s words. Consciously using your heart, however, allows you to access a deeper part of yourself—a part that is both receptive and willing to listen to the depth and breath of the message that is being conveyed.

The heart is the center of the human energy system. The new field of energetic cardiology has revealed that the heart is more than a muscular pump. It has wisdom; it is the metaphysical and energetic center of love, and knowing. It is unfortunate that we have been taught to distrust the wisdom of our hearts. We have become disconnected from who we truly are—spiritual beings having a human experience.

GOOD MORNING !

I put the link in below to a website that I tune into every day. I must say it never fails to inspire me and touch my heart, so I hope you’ll check it out too ! The quote below was from yesterday’s article.

Just as in the poem above it speaks of nurturing our lives with the good things that bring love and hope into our life. There is too much of the negative side publicized and it only tends to breed anxiety and distrust.

Our friends, our attitude, our mundane tasks of everyday living can improve considerably when we nurture them. Many things can stress us out and make us sick, but if we have faith hope and love in our hearts, lots can be overcome.

My hardest task right now  is dealing with winter and its short days, long nights, snow, cold and dreary days. Yesterday the sun came out and it warmed up a little. What a difference that made !

Thought for Today

Where there is no love, put love and you will find love.’

St. John Of The Cross

This lovely quote can be inverted by saying: ‘Where there is no hope, put hope and you will find hope.’ A religion teacher in a secondary school wrote the words ‘Faith’, ‘Hope’ and ‘Love’ on a blackboard and asked his students which one they felt was most important.

Perhaps not surprisingly, faith came in a weak third. What was surprising was that love didn’t fare much better and hope won by a landslide. In the world we live in today there is an air of hopelessness that doesn’t seem to go away.

Society today is very much problem focussed. Good news gets squeezed out. Bad news is attractive and can at times be more interesting. No wonder hope can also get squeezed out. We need it, we must nurture it, encourage it and most importantly live it

Fr. James McSweeney http://www.todayismygifttoyou.ie/

One learns people through the heart, not the eyes or the intellect.

Mark Twain

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES

 and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

 

MA

 

 

graphics by:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always find your posts inspiring...
It's almost friday!!
I don't know what i would do without the sun....
Lyn

Anonymous said...

My heart was warmed by a package I received just before Christmas .with love dear Friend ..Jan xx

Anonymous said...

thanks for the link!  I will be enjoying it.  Have a great day. Linda

Anonymous said...

My heart warms on the thought of calling in here.I have been over to the link and it is so lovely.I shall have a further look later.Been having problems woth AOL connections today.I hope you get a few smiles today and a little sunshine to warm your heart.Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

You wish for sunshine, and I am wishing for signs of winter! LOL!
Lovely entry today. I hope you have a beautiful day.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Just remember brighter, warmer days are ahead.  Just hang in there.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

As usual a great entry. I think most people want to be loved. Sad when so many are not loved. Have a wonderful week. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

your entries are always the best.