Wednesday, January 23, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 1, PAGE 23

TODAY

By Author Unknown

We shall do much in the years to come,

but what have we done today?

We shall give our gold in a princely sum,

but what did we give today?

We shall lift the heart and dry the tear,

We shall plant a hope in the place of fear,

We shall speak the words of love and cheer

but what did we speak today?

We shall be so kind in the afterwhile,

but what have we been today?

We shall bring each lonely life a smile,

but what have we brought today?

We shall give to truth a grander birth,

And to steadfast faith a deeper worth,

We shall feed the hungering souls of earth,

but whom have we fed today?

We shall reap such joys in the by and by,

but what have we sown today?

We shall build us mansions in the sky,

but what have we built today?

'Tis sweet in idle dreams to bask,

but here and now do we do our task?

Yes, this is the thing our souls must ask,

"What have we done today?"

GOOD MORNING !

So far today I’ve got out of bed and started on my good cup of coffee before I have to go off to work.

We didn’t get much snow yesterday. It started out with white out conditions on the way to work, so it was a slow go, but by noon had stopped. I got home and swept the steps and walkways clear. Didn’t even have to use the shovel, but by the time I’d settled in for a bite to eat, the steps and walkways were covered again.

Seems that just like the snow, I am going around in circles lately. The work week has been a quiet one so far. I don’t think there will be much new going on there for awhile as we are now down to just a handful of men working. Inside jobs are hard to come by so over half our work force are on lay off for awhile.

I’m doing my busy work, catching up on data entry and filing that was not done when we were busy. I found myself nodding off a few times yesterday. A quiet office and lots of numbers in front of you will tend to put you to sleep for sure.

Now I have to remember to get up and dance around once in awhile to wake my self up.

Take good care all and keep warm!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Let us rise up and be thankful;

for if we didn't learn a lot today,

at least we learned a little,

and if we didn't learn a little,

at least we didn't get sick,

and if we got sick, at least we didn't die;

so, let us all be thankful.

Buddha

 

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

graphics by: www.untilthengraphics.com

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH DEAR PAN, I AM SO SORRY YOU ARE HAVING SNOW.YOU ARE TOO RIGHT TOO MANY NUMBERS ETC SOON MAKE YOU NOD OFF.TOO MANY INSTRUCTIONS FROM AOL HAVE MADE ME MORE THAN NODD OFF THIS WEEK.I AM ONLINE AGAIN AT LAST .THAT IS WHAT I HAVE DONE TODAY SO FAR TRY TO SIGN IN SINCE 6-30AM THIS MORNING AND ONLY JUST GOT HERE at 11pm.SORRY ABOUT THOSE BLOCKS AGAIN GR.I do hope the rest of your day goes well and I wil say prayers for the people who get lay off as everyone needs that extra money today poor things.It's not very nice when the workforce who are laid off.Take Care Have  alovely day if possible and try not to nodd too much LOL!! I must get cracking now and do some housework .God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

may you have a wonderful day too. I'm happy you didn't get a lot of snow.

Anonymous said...

Have a lovely day dear Pam ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I hope each day is a lovely one....I danced all the way to the fireplace this morning..cold cold cold...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Oh My! Sounds like more snow that us. My dad worked construction & he did not get to work in those conditions. We ate good in the summer but winter was a little hard. Being thankful and thank you for the message. God Bless, Janie