Thursday, January 10, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 1, PAGE 10

 

A New Year’s Prayer

May God make your year a happy one!

Not by shielding you from all sorrows and pain, But by strengthening you to bear it, as it comes;

Not by making your path easy, But by making you sturdy to travel any path;

Not by taking hardships from you, But by taking fear from your heart;

Not by granting you unbroken sunshine, But by keeping your face bright, even in the shadows;

Not by making your life always pleasant, But by showing you when people and their causes need you most, and by making you anxious to be there to help.

God’s love, peace, hope and joy to you for the year ahead.

Saint Thomas Beckett

At the beginning of each new day we are reminded of God's boundless goodness to us. He not only gives us life but also supplies all the needs we have to survive.

GOOD MORNING !

It’s day 10 of this new year 2008 already ! How are you surviving ???

There are survival guides to almost anything. There are survival guides for students, for wilderness survival, a guide to surviving office parties, and even an Internet Safety survival guide.

My guide book is written in the holy scriptures and if there is any question I have on any given subject, I can always find it there. My ‘babes would say I’m ‘getting holy again’ but I do find it a book of great reference and vey often comfort too.

I’ve been trying to do Bible studies off and on for several years in the hopes of getting more understanding out of what I read. Not only are the lessons very valuable, but the people sharing in the studies have provided great insight too.

I’ve taken some great internet courses and done many studies and right now the pastor of our church is providing a very informative study. I’ve leaned that I am never too old to learn something new.

We should not forget that our faith is not something static but that it is always growing and developing. Perhaps not like a physical body at a static pace but nevertheless it does so profoundly and at significant moments in our lives.

John Looby

What we might have learned as a child, takes on a whole new meaning as an adult. And what I knew when I was 30 is a whole lot different than what I know now too!

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

That is what learning is. You suddenly understand something you've understood all your life, but in a new way.

Doris Lessing

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

graphics by:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The New Year Prayer I thank you for.I find it very difficul to remember things.I do read plenty and try my best to contain things I read,but then it is gone within a few hours.Yet I can remember things I learned years ago.So I do find it difficult learning things now,especially to be asked quetions on. I have read about.Unless of course I am asked straight away.I am so happy we have to make immediate comments in journals..I many's the time have to go back over the postings.To see again what I have just read.It is very frustrating at times.I hope you have a lovely day today.It is very cold here once more and rainy.May you collect a few smiles today along the way.Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I am going to be doing a Bible study starting in February. I am looking forward to it.  Linda

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a good day!
Pam

Anonymous said...

There's nothing wrong with studying your Bible.  There's nothing better to study.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

So true we can find answers in the Bible for everything. Thanks for sharing.  God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

The Church in out town is named for Thomas ABeckett