Monday, January 7, 2008

BOOK O8, CHAPTER 1, PAGE 7

 

The Sufi poet Rumi once said, when you look for God, God is in the look of your eyes. There's no need to go outside. And I remind myself of this quote, because so often when I am struggling with something, I'll immediately go to books. I'll look for some great mind of the past. I'll go on the Web. But so often, really, the answers that I'm looking for are within.

Because God's spirit is within, and the church is within each of us. So when we settle down and face ourselves and look for the good and the evil within us, we also find God's spirit within us. It's not all about our ego, but it's God's truth within us. And that's how we most intimately know God.

This beautiful thought was found in one of morning devotions Saturday

GOOD MORNING !

I read the quote above and immediately thought of myself. I often do the very same thing. I collect hundreds of quotes and inspiration as you well know, and hope that this will make my day and yours a little brighter. When all along the thing I’m looking for is right there, in my heart.

It is Monday morning, and I’m so hoping that the R & R that this past weekend provided will get me though another work week. This is the first full 5 days of work that I’ve had in awhile. The Christmas and New Years holidays are now a thing of the past and we’ll soon begin ‘Ordinary’ days once more.

My boss has now retired to sunny Florida and we’ll be seeing what life will be like without him. He’s always spent more time out of the office than in, so I expect that there will be little change. He will of course be in touch via the phone, so no doubt he’ll still be in charge. He’s the founder of our business and I can’t imagine he’ll let loose the reins .

With each passing day, I feel my age effecting what I do. I’m more and more limited in what I can do. In order to continue working, I’m having to let my own life be less and less. ‘Keep it simple, make it fun’ is my new motto. There is a lot to be said for simplification.

In the days ahead, provided the good Lord allows them, I’m sure I’ll be finding more and more changes coming my way. I only hope I have learned enough from past experiences to allow me to accept them and continue the journey.

I’m off to work ….I owe, I owe….

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

Ever notice how it's a penny for your thoughts,

yet you put in your two-cents?

Someone is making a penny on the deal.

Steven Wright

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES

and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

 

MA

 

graphics by:

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be so happy when you can retire and not have to work anylonger. Yes I willl for one be glad to get back to the ordinary

Anonymous said...

You cant do as much as you get older ,I found during the latter part of my working life Iwas giving everything to my job ,and there was very little left for me ,so Iknew then it was time to retire ,I love the quote,''Keep it simple make it fun '' ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

I love that about God being within...it makes so much sense to me...
have good work week...
Lyn

Anonymous said...

I feel the ordinary day has finally started today for me .Celebrations and holidays all over decorations down and packed away once more..I agree with you on everything.We just cannot do as we would love to nowadays.WE have to consider more ME time for ourselves.It's the best way I think now.....Even though our hearts are willing our bodies are not always.Just as your little quote says," Keep it simple Make it fun.I have started out trying this now, lets hope I can continue.I wish you a lovely easy day at work and take your time with things.Whatever doesn't get finished  will wait.I am sure the boss understands this and appreciates how long you have worked for him and how hard.At least he should do.We have the little bit of sunshine today Thankyou very much.I hope you get a few smiles along the way. Take care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

where do you get all your quotes from?  Linda

Anonymous said...

Yes, ageing certainly slows you down.  I have learned now not to worry if something does not get done one day, it can wait

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Good one..I am printing it out..yes, my back, knee and other aches and pains limit things that I use to do too.
All we can do is keep going and do the best we can.
Make the most of everyday.

Anonymous said...

My body is complaining more and more and i just give in to it.
Jenny <><

Anonymous said...

I can definitely tell that I'm getting older too.  I like your motto.....that might just become my new motto too.  I know your boss is going to love his retirement.  Good for him.  I hope everything continues to go smooth for you.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

Yes I can tell that I am getting old by the things that I can no longer do. :-) If I do too much my body lets me know it. That is a good quote, the first one about within. God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

I have to pace myself now. I've had to for years, and it's becoming worse. Sometimes I wonder what I'll be like in just a few years from now.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Hope you're having a good week!
Linda :)