Wednesday, January 9, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 1, PAGE 9

... I know who I was when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then.

Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Adversities are a part of living, and we choose the way we react to each adversity in our lives. I would be the last to deny that adversities can be exceedingly difficult. Many times they will be senseless, unfair, painful, and beyond our control to prevent.

However, they come into our lives for a reason. We can choose to learn valuable lessons from each adversity we encounter As tough as life's lessons sometimes are, each holds the seed of an equal or greater blessing, a pathway to new growth as a human being.

It is our responsibility to learn each lesson. Otherwise, we will be handed a more difficult scenario of the same lesson again. The lessons we are meant to learn will reappear until we learn them completely

By exercising faith in a Power greater than ourselves, we discover we are not alone in any adversity. We learn to see blessings appear—sometimes years later—that we would not have received had we not been handed tough times.

To find these blessings, we must expect them and watch for them to appear. To reap their benefits, we must believe that we deserve them and accept them with absolute faith when they are offered to us. If we do not accept them, they will often times not wait around for us to change our minds.

You can choose to learn the most valuable of life's lessons now or later. You can reap the greatest of life's rewards by choosing to see adversities as God-given universities. You can accept the blessings they offer to you

From one of my morning devotions

GOOD MORNING !

And may your day be a blessed one !

I am one who really has had to truly live some adversities over and over again in order to get myself on right track.

It’s true, I have become to realize, that until you’ve learned the lesson, things will just keep at you until you get it right.

Maybe I’ll never get it all right, and maybe things will still happen, but I’m working on it for sure.

This morning is very windy and it's cooling down outside.  They say by Saturday we'll have snow again.  The last 2 days were in the mid 60's, but next week we'll be back to the low 30's and 20's.

BRRRCHILL...

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

The Universe is one great kindergarten for man. Everything that exists has brought with it its own peculiar lesson.

The mountain teaches stability and grandeur; the ocean immensity and change.

Forests, lakes, and rivers, clouds and winds, stars and flowers, stupendous glaciers and crystal snowflakes, - every form of animate or inanimate existence, leaves its impress upon the soul of man.

Even the bee and ant have brought their little lessons of industry and economy.

Orison Swett Marden

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES and lots of SUNSHINE to warm your heart !

MA

 

 

graphics by:

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah those two nice days sure spoiled me. seems like thsi year we have had some windy days

Anonymous said...

The weather here today has been sunshine all day but still very cool.As long as these days appear I feel closer closer to springtime and I am hoping movigng forward away from any snow.I too have had many adversities in my life and so true it is that you learn from them.Some are very painful I agree there,but things are sent for a reason I always say we have them to bare.A very imformative posting once more which I thoroughly enjoyed reading as always.I hope you get a little sunshine today and many smiles along the way.Safe Journeys home from work.Have  lovely day.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

You are so right about having to learn a lesson over and over until you get it. I've had to do that many times. Sometimes I can be stubborn....but I'm learning to pay attention to the lessions.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Those nice days spoil one. It's been nice here for the last several days too.  I've got Spring fever because of it.  I worked in my yard for the past two evenings raking the straw.  It sure looks great now, but I know it won't last long.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

I've come to enjoy your journal more and more, the wise words of wisdom, the words that give a person strength to do anything as long as God is in their lives..you are a blessing to be read daily...thanks for being my j-land friend...hugs and love,
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Great entry as usual. Saturday weather here was wonderful but like you, we will have snow soon. Have a wonderful week. Janie

Anonymous said...

Ilove the quote from Lewis Carroll ,know that feeling well ,lol ..love Jan xx