Tuesday, January 8, 2008

BOOK 08, CHAPTER 1, PAGE 8

We tend to hold off on celebrations until we’ve accomplished our goal and finished the task at hand. But the truth is that every day holds wonderful successes and great victories. Progress is worth celebrating. If we received a compliment or something unexpected happened that had meaning for us, we can take these moments and celebrate them as they come. Progress in our daily tasks as we strive to reach our goals is worth a celebration !

We do not have to wait to celebrate. The routine parts of life, the dull parts of the day are the gifts of space. They're when thoughts of God take hold within us.

GOOD MORNING !

I celebrate small victories! I’m always celebrating each day as it comes. The mere action of getting up and off to work is a wondrous deed for me some days.

There are really no ordinary days in my life. I have only just a minute only sixty seconds in it forced upon me can't refuse it didn't seek it didn't choose it but I will suffer if I lose it...

The commute, the paperwork, the housework, eat up day after day with mind-numbing regularity. And yet, it is in "ordinary" time that the really important things happen: our children grow up, our marriages and relationships grow older, our sense of life changes. To lose the glory of ordinary time is to suffer the loss of the greater part life.

I woke up at 4 this morning to discover we were without power, shortly after 6 it came back on and I'm quickly making my entry for today.  I had to dress by candlelight so I'm not sure how I look.  But now I'll be off to work

CELEBRATE !

THOUGHT FOR TODAY

There are no mistakes. The events we bring upon ourselves, no matter how unpleasant, are necessary in order to learn what we need to learn; whatever steps we take, they're necessary to reach the places we've chosen to go.

Richard Bach

May your day be blessed with a few SMILES an lots of Sunshine to warm your heart !

MA

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah guess its a good ting you woke up with the electric out. yes sometimes improvment is a victory.

Anonymous said...

We often get power cuts ,so annoying have to reset all the clocks etc ,and part of life rich embroidery lol ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

i think I need to celebrate my small victories so I don't get discouraged.  Linda

Anonymous said...

How we take for granted our electricity supply.I too had an early  moment today when a lighbulb went and tripped my main switch.The problem is I have to climb very high to put the trip switch back on.Ahhhhhh light once more LOL!! So I too had to be washed and dressed in darkness.Oh for the wonder of electricity t is good.Have a lovely day I hope you get a few smiles and a little sunshine too.Take Care God Bless Kath
astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

I hate when power goes out..glad to hear yours is on and you are ok.
Have a good day.

Anonymous said...

I think I am doing a little more with husband home. lol Not on the computer as much. I try to take computer in living room while he is watching TV. lol The battery only last about 45 minutes. lol I am sure that you look fine. I wonder if I could put on my make-up in the dark?? LOL I have done it so often. lol Cute graphics! God Bless, Janie

Anonymous said...

That would be tough to get ready for work totally in the dark. I'm glad your power eventually came back on. Hope you have a great day.
Pam

Anonymous said...

That's so aggravating when the power goes off.  I'm sure that you looked just fine.

Hollie

Anonymous said...

Hope your power is back on tonight... yes it must be I see you on the buddy list, so glad!!
Linda :)

Anonymous said...

I celebrate small victories too, it feels good no matter how big or small. Hope you have a great day and tomorrow is hump day.